?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

http://tab.co.uk/2015/03/24/heartles...rom-us-a-year/
Okorange
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've personally had my bike nicked at St Andrews, this poll is false.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The stats are interesting. I suspect most police forces assume that bike thefts are more or less constant everywhere. However the figures for Cardiff are shocking compared with say UWE and Bristol combined. There is clearly a problem in Norwich as well.
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
However the figures for Cardiff are shocking compared with say UWE and Bristol combined. There is clearly a problem in Norwich as well.
There's a topographical commonality to Cardiff and Norwich not seen in Bristol.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
The stats are interesting. I suspect most police forces assume that bike thefts are more or less constant everywhere. However the figures for Cardiff are shocking compared with say UWE and Bristol combined. There is clearly a problem in Norwich as well.
I saw a shocking programme once about the problem in Oxford, the police were targeting bike thieves. Some of them were like a whole industry, they had vans wondering around town stealing the bikes, a workshop to take them apart for parts or respray them and willing local bike dealers to buy the stolen ones and resell them. I think the police really tried to come down on them, which might be why Oxford is (slightly) better than Cambridge. Still bad though - it's a horrible problem in the city, people are always having their bikes stolen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads