The Student Room Group

Cambridge tops Oxford in bike theft

I've personally had my bike nicked at St Andrews, this poll is false.
The stats are interesting. I suspect most police forces assume that bike thefts are more or less constant everywhere. However the figures for Cardiff are shocking compared with say UWE and Bristol combined. There is clearly a problem in Norwich as well.
Original post by nulli tertius
However the figures for Cardiff are shocking compared with say UWE and Bristol combined. There is clearly a problem in Norwich as well.

There's a topographical commonality to Cardiff and Norwich not seen in Bristol.
Original post by nulli tertius
The stats are interesting. I suspect most police forces assume that bike thefts are more or less constant everywhere. However the figures for Cardiff are shocking compared with say UWE and Bristol combined. There is clearly a problem in Norwich as well.

I saw a shocking programme once about the problem in Oxford, the police were targeting bike thieves. Some of them were like a whole industry, they had vans wondering around town stealing the bikes, a workshop to take them apart for parts or respray them and willing local bike dealers to buy the stolen ones and resell them. I think the police really tried to come down on them, which might be why Oxford is (slightly) better than Cambridge. Still bad though - it's a horrible problem in the city, people are always having their bikes stolen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending