Does the student loans company not give out loans for people doing a masters degree Watch

Myke94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi

Im currently doing an undergraduate degree in computer science and ive decided that after that, i would like to do a masters in cyber security at a different university.

Ive heard that you cant get funding off the student loan company for this by some people and others have said you can.

Would just like some confirmation on whats what with this?

Thanks
username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Myke94)
Hi

Im currently doing an undergraduate degree in computer science and ive decided that after that, i would like to do a masters in cyber security at a different university.

Ive heard that you cant get funding off the student loan company for this by some people and others have said you can.

Thanks
There is no funding from student finance for post grad degrees. You might be getting confused with 4 year undergraduate masters courses which are funded.
NicolaUmea
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi

Thanks
I have no idea mate, but I am looking for postgraduate fundings too as next year I will start my Master too. I heard sfe doesn t cover postgraduate programs. Could you give me any hints about where to find informations?

Thanks
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you even looked for the information yourself? Took me less than a minute to get the answer
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are plans to introduce a £10,000 Masters student loan. However these are just plans and they might not survive the election. Spending money on students is a good way to get votes before an election and a good way to lose support once you're in power.

There are potential provisos such as applicants being under 30 and the funding may be targetted at specific subject areas (talk so far has been around STEM subjects).

If you have a quick google you can find the news articles about it, but there are no more details besides that at the moment. It will be up to the next government as to whether they actually do it, how they do it and when. To my mind, there won't be enough time to set it up for the Sep 15 intake unless development work is already well advanced. Having said that, it has been announced that the National Scholarship Programme is being closed from Sep 15, in order to help fund these Masters loans.
k3ro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi

Thanks
There's also the PCDL, which is a bank loan through Barclays/the Co-Op (up to £10,000). Interest is paid for you while you're studying, but once you graduate you have to start making repayments.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads