Feel very lonely doing apprenticeship Watch

ben.anderson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am very lucky to have a good apprenticeship and my employer, they are a small business with just the two of them and get on with them well, they are aged over 40 and I'm 18 (just to give you a background)

I'm not looking for a sob story, but being totally honest I never had many friends in school, the ones I had were mostly ended up to be fake and talked behind my back. Found my school very clingy. Never had a girlfriend either.

I get up at 7 and get back home at 7 basically, which I'm fine about as that's life.

I just don't know how to make friends! I know it sounds stupid but now I'm not really around people, what do I do? I would appreciate some advice. At times I feel very lonely, I'm not the most confident of all people but I just want to do something.:confused::confused::confused:
I am Legend
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey Ben,

I came across your post, food for thought. Find something your really passionate about outside of your work, be it sports, technology, and go to groups associated with what you enjoy. You'll meet like minded people, love what you do and the rest will fall into place my friend.

Always be yourself, don't compromise - the people who talked behind your back did you a service - you don't want people like that in your life
BillCosby
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just use your free time to become a better version of yourself everyday and people will eventually gravitate toward you
Classical Liberal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Get a new job. You could find one where there are people closer to your own age that you would be dealing with?
emilyjadeh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm exactly the same, working in a small clothes shop and just with two women over 50, I get really bored and lonely. Im looking for a new job but no idea what to do next!
ben.anderson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by emilyjadeh)
I'm exactly the same, working in a small clothes shop and just with two women over 50, I get really bored and lonely. Im looking for a new job but no idea what to do next!
Its so hard, I cant leave as I have nothing else
ApprenticeFinder
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ben.anderson)
Its so hard, I cant leave as I have nothing else
How about telling your employer how you feel? The chances are if they like you and you're working well for them, they will want to help you.

What type of apprenticeship are you doing?
AsandaLFC
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Jesus christ. Go to university dude, u wasting your youth

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.86%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.57%
There's nothing they could do (105)
30%

Watched Threads