Bored Politics Student: AMA Watch

StretfordEnd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Home for the break. Not starting revision until after Easter so I'm bored AF. Ask me owt.
channies
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you know who you're voting for?
StretfordEnd
Rep:
?
(Original post by channies)
Do you know who you're voting for?
Labour. I loathe their unabashed championing of austerity but I will vote for them by postal vote in my 'home' constituency (i.e. where my mum lives). I don't particularly have an affinity for the local area but the incumbent MP there has unarguably been a fantastic servant to his constituents and with it being a relatively poor coastal constituency, there will be a UKIP challenge and my vote will matter.

Where I actually live, the MP is Emily Thornberry and that lying sack of **** would never get my vote (I'm about 3 streets away from Jeremy Corbyn being my MP, how disappointing).

I'm an active member of the party Left Unity and if they were running a candidate in my area I'd certainly vote for them, but they aren't so I'm not
StretfordEnd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ifailedumad)
is politics a mickey mouse degree?
It can be, I suppose, but I've just been offered an P/T summer internship at £16 an hour based on my current studies so hopefully if I carry on I'll be doing alright when I graduate.
StretfordEnd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ifailedumad)
thats great lol. Is game theory a part of your course? and, what are your career plans a few years on? like 5?
Game theory/rational choice theory are nottechnically mandatory on the course but it's pretty difficult to avoid it as most optional modules contain it as part of the module, but there are separate modules available which are more explicitly about game theory etc.

I'd like to be working as a policy officer for a charity/NGO, if not doing public policy analysis with a think tank. I suppose many would argue the real benefits to such a job, but I'd like to think I can make a contribution to society in my own way, even if it is pretty insignificant on a wider scale!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads