Cardiff university scholarship Watch

wb25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Has anyone ever had/heard of anyone who received the scholarship of £1,000 P/A ?

It says that all you need to do is receive 3 A Grades in your A level. I'm not sure if it's a random draw between everyone who has received 3 A grades, or if everyone is qualified to receive the scholarship ?
Jollyjjo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They must have lowered this or it's a different one to what I received (in 2013!). I got 3 As at A level and got a scholarship of £3,000. Everyone I know who got 3 As received this, although we didn't get paid it all straight, £1,500 in the first year and then split up between years and terms. It also depends on grades so for mine I must get at least 60% overall to receive the next payments of the scholarship. I imagine it may be similar for this scholarship too.
Hope this helps.
wb25
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jollyjjo)
They must have lowered this or it's a different one to what I received (in 2013!). I got 3 As at A level and got a scholarship of £3,000. Everyone I know who got 3 As received this, although we didn't get paid it all straight, £1,500 in the first year and then split up between years and terms. It also depends on grades so for mine I must get at least 60% overall to receive the next payments of the scholarship. I imagine it may be similar for this scholarship too.
Hope this helps.
So did everyone that got 3 As get the scholarship, or was there a limit to the ammount of people that could get it ?
Martin6
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sucks for those of us coming via an Access Course haha!
clarejefferies
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wb25)
So did everyone that got 3 As get the scholarship, or was there a limit to the ammount of people that could get it ?
I'm pretty sure that everyone would get it.
The other bursary is £1,000 a year to anyone who's parents income is less than something like £52,000 a year, and that gets paid in two instalments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
wb25
Rep:
?
OK, thanks for the help!
Aspen_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In my subject (biology) they only gave it to people on slightly more specific courses like zoology and genetics and stuff.. which sucks because I got 3As haha but fingers crossed for you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads