The Student Room Group

Sports leaders

Is the level 1 sports leaders qualification widely recognised by universities/job? Thank you
Reply 1
Nope. It's honestly a qualification for PE just so you have something to show for it in my opinion.

Certain companies may look at it because it is all about leadership, but because it's a pretty pointless qualification I don't think they'll value it. Just say something maybe like "I am an effective leader and communicator, proven in my distinction in Level 1 sports leaders" when applying for jobs, but if you have a better example (expedition etc.) use that.

I've done the award but I won't be putting it on my CV.
Original post by jamestg
Nope. It's honestly a qualification for PE just so you have something to show for it in my opinion.

Certain companies may look at it because it is all about leadership, but because it's a pretty pointless qualification I don't think they'll value it. Just say something maybe like "I am an effective leader and communicator, proven in my distinction in Level 1 sports leaders" when applying for jobs, but if you have a better example (expedition etc.) use that.

I've done the award but I won't be putting it on my CV.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest