youwantsum
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm pretty sure i will be choosing Birmingham as my firm choice, but i am not too sure whether to opt for catered or self catered accommodation??

also, what are the room like? how big are they??
do i have to share a bedroom with someone??

am i allowed to bring visitors over sometimes, like a friend, who doesnt go to birmingham uni?

thanks
TommehBoi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you go on the accommodation section on the UoB website there is a virtual tour of a standard room of each Hall. No you don't have to share a room, every student gets their own. Catered or non-catered us up to you, you get 50 pounds credit per week but people usually spend it by friday. I didn't go for catered as you can save money but if your cooking skills are diabolic and you have the cash then why not. And yes you can have guests round.
Bronnie1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd say go for self-catered unless you have cash to burn. It's much more sociable with the people in your flat, and they don't give you enough to cover a realistic week anyway on catered.

The rooms vary, but even the smallest bedrooms in places like Ashcroft or Maple bank are cosy and homely; they're big enough for everything you'll need so don't worry about that! And no you'll never have to share a room, but in most halls you'll share the kitchen, and maybe the toilets.

Yes you can bring a friend over, you're renting it after all; don't go through the procedure of telling the site managers, they'll tell you it's a fire hazard or something to have people sleeping on the floor but they never check.

Enjoy Birmingham
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads