I'm half Irish, half Moroccan - ask me anything :-)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Nadia L.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
^^^
akj.latif
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you ever been to Morocco?
Andddd which country's food do you eat more/prefer? My word I love Moroccan food so much lol
Nadia L.
Rep:
?
(Original post by akj.latif)
Have you ever been to Morocco?
Andddd which country's food do you eat more/prefer? My word I love Moroccan food so much lol
Yes I go every year to visit family
I would have to say Moroccan because it's way more interesting, that's for sure
Omg awesome! I don't know many people who have tried Moroccan cuisine, what dish do you love particularly?
pikaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Nadia L.)
Omg awesome! I don't know many people who have tried Moroccan cuisine, what dish do you love particularly?
Where about Morroco?
Who is Irish your mom or your dad?
ZakiZJ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
^^^
t7ki 3arabi?
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you had to nuke Ireland or Morocco, reducing the entirety of the chosen nation and all its people to ash, which would you choose?

Remember: you have to choose one.
Nadia L.
Rep:
?
(Original post by pikaa)
Where about Morroco?
Who is Irish your mom or your dad?
We usually go Casablanca as my dad's from there, then we go Marrakech for a few days and somewhere else not far from Casa, like Rabat :-)) have you been?
My mum's Irish and my dad's Moroccan
Nadia L.
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZakiZJ)
t7ki 3arabi?
Did you ask me if I speak Arabic? I find it so hard to learn but I think I know a little LOL I understand Darija more but I am far from fluent! Ahaha
Where are you from? :-)
Nadia L.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Birkenhead)
If you had to nuke Ireland or Morocco, reducing the entirety of the chosen nation and all its people to ash, which would you choose?

Remember: you have to choose one.
Wow, I really cannot answer that. Any other questions, less extreme perhaps? Lol
ZakiZJ
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Did you ask me if I speak Arabic? I find it so hard to learn but I think I know a little LOL I understand Darija more but I am far from fluent! Ahaha
Where are you from? :-)
Haha yeah I did I'm Jordanian-Lebanese, but live (and have been living) in Dubai for almost 18 years.. Going to UK for uni though
Yalla learn arabic! What are you waiting for
Nadia L.
Rep:
?
Wow! So jealous! My cousins live in Abu Dhabi and absolutely adore it!
Nice, what made you want to come to the UK?
Lmao I know :-( but my dad always says he will once I finish my A-Levels, I can't wait that long though :rolleyes:
ZakiZJ
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow! So jealous! My cousins live in Abu Dhabi and absolutely adore it!
Nice, what made you want to come to the UK?
Lmao I know :-( but my dad always says he will once I finish my A-Levels, I can't wait that long though :rolleyes:
Yeah well come visit the UAE during the summer If you can stand the 45 degrees weather
To study biomedical science for only 3 years hahah (I have a few friends there and my cousin lives there so yeah)
TheWaffle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's a cool combination I have English, Italian and Irish in me. Which part of your heritage do you identify most with? The Irish or the Moroccon side?
akj.latif
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd honestly love to go to Morocco 😍 since my Arabic is terrible I could make up for it with French. The Moroccan French accent is so attractive haha.

Tagine!!! So good. I'm always making it at home. And I forget the name of that hot sauce. Harissa or something, tastes so good in cooking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nadia L.
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZakiZJ)
Yeah well come visit the UAE during the summer If you can stand the 45 degrees weatherTo study biomedical science for only 3 years hahah (I have a few friends there and my cousin lives there so yeah)
Hopefully one day!
Ohh that's good, at least you know some people so they can help you around
Nadia L.
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheWaffle)
That's a cool combination I have English, Italian and Irish in me. Which part of your heritage do you identify most with? The Irish or the Moroccon side?
Thank you! So is yours :-D
Ermmmm I'm not really sure to be honest, a lot of people say I'm more Moroccan though because I tend to talk about Morocco more, I kinda agree with that but I definitely identify with my Irish side too :-) do you embrace the Italian side of you?
Nadia L.
Rep:
?
(Original post by akj.latif)
I'd honestly love to go to Morocco since my Arabic is terrible I could make up for it with French. The Moroccan French accent is so attractive haha.Tagine!!! So good. I'm always making it at home. And I forget the name of that hot sauce. Harissa or something, tastes so good in cooking.Posted from TSR Mobile
If you know French you'll be absolutely fine :-D but make sure you haggle because they rip everyone off including myself because I don't look Moroccan at all!
Yas tagine is life but couscous is my fave
Last edited by jenhasdreams; 9 months ago
akj.latif
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you know French you'll be absolutely fine :-D but make sure you haggle because they rip everyone off 😂 including myself because I don't look Moroccan at all!
Yas 🙌 tagine is life but couscous is my fave
Oh they do that to do all tourists haha they have a tourist radar

Couscous is amaazing haha. Especially like if you add feta, olives, onions, parsley and stuff into it like as a salad 😍 I just don't like saying the name because it sounds risque lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What part of Ireland is your family from?
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to live in Ireland for many years.What part of Ireland are you from? Who do you support in Gaelic and hurling matches? Do you live in the Uk now?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.38%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.25%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.38%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
46.88%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (6)
18.75%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.13%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise