Can you cheat on your boyfriend without being intimate? Watch

Awesome Genius
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So is there anything you can do that isn't intimate that can be described as cheating on your boyfriend?

like spending loads and loads of time with someone and lying about it...
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Inb4 monopoly + academic exams

Emotional cheating exists doesn't it?
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by skd1996)
In my opinion anything that you feel you have to hide (from deleting/hiding texts and meeting up behind their back to kissing and intimacy) is cheating.

Why be with someone if you have to hide things from them?
I think that's too broad a definition.

If you meet up with a boy innocently and you know that this will make your boyfriend jealous would hiding it not be a better way to go?
Carpe Vinum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I think emotional cheating is a thing and if anything is worse or at least on par with physical cheating. I'd bet extremely upset if I found out my boyfriend was having log deep/intimate conversations with another girl.
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by Carpe Vinum)
Yeah I think emotional cheating is a thing and if anything is worse or at least on par with physical cheating. I'd bet extremely upset if I found out my boyfriend was having log deep/intimate conversations with another girl.
How is it worse?! Lol

Basically why in talking about is like meeting a boy like nearly every day, telling each other how great you think the other is and how you're perfect for each other but nothing sexual or intimate.

That is harmless, it's basically 'advanced friendship' isn't it?
trustmeimlying1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
WTF....I didnt know people saw it in that way
clare my inbox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by skd1996)
In my opinion anything that you feel you have to hide (from deleting/hiding texts and meeting up behind their back to kissing and intimacy) is cheating.

Why be with someone if you have to hide things from them?
Some people need their privacy, you can't always be all up in their business, it can get awkward and uncomfortable.:hand:
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you get jealous of your boyfriend's mother then?
Carpe Vinum
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Adipoptosis)
How is it worse?! Lol

Basically why in talking about is like meeting a boy like nearly every day, telling each other how great you think the other is and how you're perfect for each other but nothing sexual or intimate.

That is harmless, it's basically 'advanced friendship' isn't it?
You'd be okay with your partner meeting up with a boy every day and telling each other they were perfect for each other? Ehhhh that's crossing the line for me. It's hardly harmless, just because they're not kissing or having sex, what they're basically saying is "if I didn't have my bf/gf I'd be with you in a heartbeat and the only reason I'm not sleeping with you is because I have a bf/gf"... And in my opinion that's not okay :s if you feel that strongly about someone else then what's the point of being in your current relationship?
Carpe Vinum
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Do you get jealous of your boyfriend's mother then?
Yeah I get jealous of my boyfriend's mother.
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
You'd be okay with your partner meeting up with a boy every day and telling each other they were perfect for each other? Ehhhh that's crossing the line for me. It's hardly harmless, just because they're not kissing or having sex, what they're basically saying is "if I didn't have my bf/gf I'd be with you in a heartbeat and the only reason I'm not sleeping with you is because I have a bf/gf"... And in my opinion that's not okay :s if you feel that strongly about someone else then what's the point of being in your current relationship?
Yes exactly. Because sometimes in life there are circumstances you can't change and relationships you can't get out of easily. And some people have enough character not to want to cheat on their partner.

I would not at all be ok with my partner doing that, not because it crosses some cheating line, I wouldn't be angry about it, id just be sad that I'm not good enough for her.
Twinpeaks
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If it's not sexual then it's not cheating. You can have close friends of the opposite sex.
Carpe Vinum
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Adipoptosis)
Yes exactly. Because sometimes in life there are circumstances you can't change and relationships you can't get out of easily. And some people have enough character not to want to cheat on their partner.
Well obviously there are exceptions to everything, and i accept that you can't always just end a relationship as easy as that, but in my own case I'd consider that cheating.
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by Twinpeaks)
If it's not sexual then it's not cheating. You can have close friends of the opposite sex.
Yeh exactly!
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I get jealous of my boyfriend's mother.
Is that a serious response or are you just being flippant?
Carpe Vinum
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Is that a serious response or are you just being flippant?
I'm not being serious. His mother was there before me, of course I'm not going to be jealous of a mother-son relationship. If he had a very close female friend before I came on the scene then I would accept that as well. But if a random new girl came out of nowhere and they started talking for hours about emotional stuff then of course I'd get jealous/upset. I don't think you'll find many girls who wouldn't.
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not being serious. His mother was there before me, of course I'm not going to be jealous of a mother-son relationship. If he had a very close female friend before I came on the scene then I would accept that as well. But if a random new girl came out of nowhere and they started talking for hours about emotional stuff then of course I'd get jealous/upset. I don't think you'll find many girls who wouldn't.
I see, just beat her up in front of him if that ever happens, I'd find that sexy tbh
skd1996
Badges: 17
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by clare my inbox)
Some people need their privacy, you can't always be all up in their business, it can get awkward and uncomfortable.:hand:
There's a difference between having privacy and chatting up girls and deleting the messages.
Belvitaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you have to hide something, even if it's the tiniest thing ever, that's emotional cheating to me. I believe a lot of people cheat nowadays, both intimately and non-intimately. No one I've met is 100% genuine and honest, especially not the guy was dating recently. So now I think, what's the point being honest and devoted to one person, you simply cannot trust anyone. I won't ever cheat on someone intimately, but I'll definitely see about hiding things because apparently that's the norm

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads