really low motivation - anyone else? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Recently I've found that I just cba to do anything.

- I got out of bed at 1pm today - wasn't sleeping just didn't see any point in getting up.
- meant to be looking for a job but haven't bothered in months
- if I need to pee and I'm on the pc I will hold it for ages just to avoid getting up
- spend all my day on TSR and the internet, doing pretty much nothing else: can't even be bothered to play Xbox because it means choosing a game and turning it on
- I can't really find the motivation to cook food recently either. Doesn't matter how hungry I am I just think **** it and end up doing things like eating cream cheese out the tub with a spoon.

I feel like I'm wasting my life, I do nothing all day everyday. I tried volunteering but my social anxiety made that impossible. I can't find it in me to give a toss about anything.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Anyone got any advice for what I can do to get out of this slump?
TheWaffle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Recently I've found that I just cba to do anything.

- I got out of bed at 1pm today - wasn't sleeping just didn't see any point in getting up.
- meant to be looking for a job but haven't bothered in months
- if I need to pee and I'm on the pc I will hold it for ages just to avoid getting up
- spend all my day on TSR and the internet, doing pretty much nothing else: can't even be bothered to play Xbox because it means choosing a game and turning it on
- I can't really find the motivation to cook food recently either. Doesn't matter how hungry I am I just think **** it and end up doing things like eating cream cheese out the tub with a spoon.

I feel like I'm wasting my life, I do nothing all day everyday. I tried volunteering but my social anxiety made that impossible. I can't find it in me to give a toss about anything.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Anyone got any advice for what I can do to get out of this slump?
It sounds like you might have depression. I would go to your gp and tell them what you've written here.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by TheWaffle)
It sounds like you might have depression. I would go to your gp and tell them what you've written here.
I was diagnosed with depression in the past and also had these feelings of zero motivation then but this time I don't think I have the other symptoms so it wouldn't be depression......I think.
neyscar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I get what you mean by the zero motivation thing. Sometimes I just don't see the point of doing anything at all because it just seems like a lot of effort to go to when, in the end, we're all going to reach the same fate if that makes sense.

Anyway, I did also read that this sort of feeling is linked strongly with depression so that could be it but perhaps start by just trying to distance yourself from the internet. Not completely, but just a bit. Even if that means watching TV instead of being on your PC. I don't actually know if this will help with anything since I'm not a professional but I guess it can only get worse if you work yourself into a constant pattern/cycle, if that makes sense? You need to try and break away from it a bit and create some variation otherwise you'll be stuck doing the same thing day after day, I guess.

Hope your situation looks up soon If nothing really works, it might just be worth visiting your GP as I've only ever really heard this sort of feeling being linked with depression but either way, I wish you the best of luck!
Nefarious
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was diagnosed with depression in the past and also had these feelings of zero motivation then but this time I don't think I have the other symptoms so it wouldn't be depression......I think.
Depression's symptoms aren't universal and you won't always get the same ones in each episode. If you are currently taking medication to manage depression it might be worth requesting a medication review, if not it's probably a good idea to get back in contact with your gp so they can help you get back on top of things.
Smilin’ Knight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yea, life is just... boring

but these guys(above) are probably right about us, hope you get it sorted
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads