How do I tell my school about family extenuating circumstances for my GCSE's ? Watch

BouncyBoo123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So that universities recognise that they was done under extenuating circumstances. Also, if anyone knows a bit about the process would much appreciated.
xXxSharkxXx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bumping the thread for my yute
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BouncyBoo123)
So that universities recognise that they was done under extenuating circumstances. Also, if anyone knows a bit about the process would much appreciated.
What point are you at now? Year 12? have you changed schools since Y11 and. if so, do you have any evidence of your family problems/
BouncyBoo123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
What point are you at now? Year 12? have you changed schools since Y11 and. if so, do you have any evidence of your family problems/

I'm year 11 and yeah I have proof of the personal issues. I have not changed schools.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BouncyBoo123)
I'm year 11 and yeah I have proof of the personal issues. I have not changed schools.
If yu have serious family issues that are affecting your studying then tell someone at the school - tutor, head of year, pastoral person -anyone you feel comfortable with. It may be possible to obtain some special consideration for your GCSE exams (where the exam board increases your marks slightly to counteract the effect of your difficulties) and it will be on record for any future reference needed.
BouncyBoo123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
If yu have serious family issues that are affecting your studying then tell someone at the school - tutor, head of year, pastoral person -anyone you feel comfortable with. It may be possible to obtain some special consideration for your GCSE exams (where the exam board increases your marks slightly to counteract the effect of your difficulties) and it will be on record for any future reference needed.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads