He's out of my league but seems interested? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I met a guy at my friend's 18th on Saturday - we chatted for a bit and got on well (we'd both had a little bit to drink haha) and I liked him but thought he was waayyyy out of my league.

BUT by the time I got home he'd already texted me and we talked for a good couple of hours and then the next morning I didn't want to seem too keen and wanted to give him a chance to back away if he wanted so I didn't text him, and then he texted me first anyway. We've been chatting a bit more over the past couple of days and I wouldn't mind meeting up with him to talk in person again (I'm talk better in person than on fb/skype etc.) but he hasn't said anything about it and I'm too shy to ask if he wants to, and I'm kinda worried I've misread things and he's not actually interested

I don't really know what I'm looking for by posting here - I guess what I really want to know is if he likes me or not but that's obviously only something he can answer :') I feel like I should just keep talking to him for a while and see if it goes anywhere, but I suppose I'm worried that neither of us are brave enough to make the first move!
Mrpianoman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It wouldn't hurt to just meet up just as friends. Go into town together, grad a drink together and see what he is like in person when you're both sober.
User1443542
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I met a guy at my friend's 18th on Saturday - we chatted for a bit and got on well (we'd both had a little bit to drink haha) and I liked him but thought he was waayyyy out of my league.

BUT by the time I got home he'd already texted me and we talked for a good couple of hours and then the next morning I didn't want to seem too keen and wanted to give him a chance to back away if he wanted so I didn't text him, and then he texted me first anyway. We've been chatting a bit more over the past couple of days and I wouldn't mind meeting up with him to talk in person again (I'm talk better in person than on fb/skype etc.) but he hasn't said anything about it and I'm too shy to ask if he wants to, and I'm kinda worried I've misread things and he's not actually interested

I don't really know what I'm looking for by posting here - I guess what I really want to know is if he likes me or not but that's obviously only something he can answer :') I feel like I should just keep talking to him for a while and see if it goes anywhere, but I suppose I'm worried that neither of us are brave enough to make the first move!
Maybe ask him if he wants to meet up for a drink? That way, it's not like a 'serious' chat, but not just 'let's f***'?
redleader1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

First of all how the hell can someone be out of your league ?? Let me tell you something no one is out of your league, when you meet the right person he will be within the league so dont think like that. No one is superior to you in terms of relationships.

Well from me being a guy, it seems that he does like you because he was texting you often and like you said it was good so dont lose hope. Dont be shy about anything you will never know otherwise.

What you should do is hint that your free to meet up, that way you wont look too keen or coming on strong. But not many guys respond well to hints. Me personally it would be better if a girl actually came up to the guy and said something like lets hang out or spend time together. To me that would be a lot better as she is beign straight and its also mature.
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sounds encouraging. I would go for it with suggesting a date. It's pretty hard to judge relative leagues and anyway sometimes you can play and succeed above your ranking. Confidence is key
Anonymous #1
Wow thanks for all your replies! Wasn't expecting anything so quickly :')

(Original post by Mrpianoman)
It wouldn't hurt to just meet up just as friends. Go into town together, grad a drink together and see what he is like in person when you're both sober.

(Original post by devangdave)
Maybe ask him if he wants to meet up for a drink? That way, it's not like a 'serious' chat, but not just 'let's f***'?

(Original post by IMBCFC)
First of all how the hell can someone be out of your league ?? Let me tell you something no one is out of your league, when you meet the right person he will be within the league so dont think like that. No one is superior to you in terms of relationships.

Well from me being a guy, it seems that he does like you because he was texting you often and like you said it was good so dont lose hope. Dont be shy about anything you will never know otherwise.

What you should do is hint that your free to meet up, that way you wont look too keen or coming on strong. But not many guys respond well to hints. Me personally it would be better if a girl actually came up to the guy and said something like lets hang out or spend time together. To me that would be a lot better as she is beign straight and its also mature.

(Original post by Zarek)
Sounds encouraging. I would go for it with suggesting a date. It's pretty hard to judge relative leagues and anyway sometimes you can play and succeed above your ranking. Confidence is key
IMBCFC - To put it bluntly, he's hot and I'm not :') but I guess it's what he thinks that counts so I'm trying not to think like that haha :^_^:

@Everyone thank you guys! Think I'll try hinting over the next couple of days and if that doesn't get me anywhere I'll just ask him straight
Mrpianoman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

IMBCFC - To put it bluntly, he's hot and I'm not :') but I guess it's what he thinks that counts so I'm trying not to think like that haha :^_^:

@Everyone thank you guys! Think I'll try hinting over the next couple of days and if that doesn't get me anywhere I'll just ask him straight
Good for you! Good luck!
User1443542
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
PM or post a pic of you? I'm sure you'll be surprised by what people think. I know one girl who is absolutely stunning, in my own, and some other people's, opinion, who thought she was one of the ugliest people in my school.
am_blue
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Maybe it's your personality that has attracted him to you? I've met plenty of girls like that, who, at first glance, look normal/average...but as soon as I start talking to them, they seem really cool and attractive.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mrpianoman)
Good for you! Good luck!
(Original post by devangdave)
PM or post a pic of you? I'm sure you'll be surprised by what people think. I know one girl who is absolutely stunning, in my own, and some other people's, opinion, who thought she was one of the ugliest people in my school.
(Original post by am_blue)
Maybe it's your personality that has attracted him to you? I've met plenty of girls like that, who, at first glance, look normal/average...but as soon as I start talking to them, they seem really cool and attractive.
@devangdave - bit self conscious putting a pic of myself on here tbh, especially as I know some TSR people irl :')
@am_blue - That could be it, we got talking in the middle of a game of Cards Against Humanity so we know each other's sense of humour :')

@everyone - I feel like I should say he's just asked if I want to go out on Saturday maybe posting dilemmas on here magically solves the problem :')
User1443542
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
bit self conscious putting a pic of myself on here tbh, especially as I know some TSR people irl :')
)
PM? Guess it's no longer needed, seeing as the guys asked you out. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your night out
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anonymous)
@devangdave - bit self conscious putting a pic of myself on here tbh, especially as i know some tsr people irl :')
@am_blue - that could be it, we got talking in the middle of a game of cards against humanity so we know each other's sense of humour :')

@everyone - i feel like i should say he's just asked if i want to go out on saturday maybe posting dilemmas on here magically solves the problem :')
fantastic
am_blue
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

@everyone - I feel like I should say he's just asked if I want to go out on Saturday maybe posting dilemmas on here magically solves the problem :')
Thats great, how did he ask you out btw? What exactly did he say? Was it a casual thing like "do you wanna go out for a coffee on Saturday?"
am_blue
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Didn't quote properly ^^^

Check my question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads