nififue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've got an offer from both Queen Mary and Goldsmiths to study international relations and i really really need help in deciding which one to choose... and does anyone know how the student life is like at both unis?
Brendan-S
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I study Politics at QM right now so excuse my slight bias....

Queen Mary has a much better reputation than Goldsmiths, It's in the top 5 of London, Russell Group, top 100 in the world etc. Goldsmith is alright but it does not come close to QM

The course itself is great, lecturers are good and the course is challenging, although everyone you ask will tell you Pol 100 is terrible, but you will always have that one subject you dislike.
Social life here is great (don't know about Goldsmith), we have a great (dirty, fun, disgusting, awesome) student bar called drapers where you will hang out most of the time. Students nights are great and due to the fact that you can reach central in about 15 mins you can get anywhere in no time. We have tons of societies and sports teams are also great.
Furthermore as it's a campus based university you will have most of your friends close by and you have a maximum walk of 10 mins to class as its all quite compact and easily accessible.
Halls are great and you will meet awesome people, we have tons of international students making our community diverse and interesting (we have so many americans that I sometimes feel like I am in the US which is great fun)

Overall it's great here, it's academically strong and the social life is amazing, tons of friendly and welcoming people, you will make friends in no time.

Your choice, but I would say QMUL is the way to go!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.5%
No I haven't decided yet (42)
21%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed