MissJGB
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone know when we get our loans & grants? I'm hoping it's at the start of term or around the time of enrollment.
I remember my loan came in just before the first week of term when I was at uni but I'm not sure about PGCE payments.

I'm asking because apparently the teacher training bursary starts in October not September, and I don't want to be broke during September!
Ratchit99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MissJGB)
Does anyone know when we get our loans & grants? I'm hoping it's at the start of term or around the time of enrollment.
I remember my loan came in just before the first week of term when I was at uni but I'm not sure about PGCE payments.

I'm asking because apparently the teacher training bursary starts in October not September, and I don't want to be broke during September!
My loan didn't come in until end of September beginning of October if I remember correctly as the university won't confirm that you're on the course until you start to attend University, and (at my university at least) we didn't start attending site until towards the end of September.
beanbrain
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't tell you for definite, because I haven't got the paperwork to hand, but I'm doing a School Direct from September, and I think the first instalment of my maintenance grant is paid fairly early in September, because obviously they'll be able to confirm that I'm attending sooner. But you are right, the bursary doesn't get paid until October.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads