Report Thread starter 4 years ago
As above.

I've always wanted to know.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When you love somebody and that somebody loves you back, provided that that somebody isn't already related to you by blood
esbo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Seems to me it is not really a man thing more for women.

No relationships section in men's magazines (as in real men, not metrosexual rubbish)
purplehedgehog11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by esbo)
Seems to me it is not really a man thing more for women.

No relationships section in men's magazines (as in real men, not metrosexual rubbish)
Lol, oh dear...
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Going out, feeling lovey dovey, exclusive bonking and, in due course, commitment
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The point at which the lyrics to George Ezra's "Budapest" are relevant.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shawn_o1)
When you love somebody and that somebody loves you back, provided that that somebody isn't already related to you by blood
I disagree. You're assuming that OP means romantic relationship, but they never actually said that. The relationship with my girlfriend is as different to the relationship with my father is to my relationship with my best friend. They're all forms of relationships.

It's also worth mentioning that I love all of the above, but only one in a romantic way.
crozibear96
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A bond between two people who interact regularly.

Or do you specifically mean a relationship relationship as in a dating relationship or the likes? Because friendship = relationship, family = relationship.
esbo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
(Original post by crozibear96)
A bond between two people who interact regularly.

Or do you specifically mean a relationship relationship as in a dating relationship or the likes? Because friendship = relationship, family = relationship.
I don't know, the word is not really in my vocabulary, there is no section of my brain labelled "relationships "
lovescomplicated
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by esbo)
As above.

I've always wanted to know.
When you love someone and they love you back. Someone who cares about you, is kind to you, understands your feelings.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
This sounds stupid but what’s the difference between a relationship and friends with benefits, struggling because we aren’t official but we aren’t nothing and idk if I’m reading into it or being used
tyurgud5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
are you silly? If youve both agreed to the terms of "fwb" then you arent being used because you agreed to it so you are mutually agreeing to have the "benefits", now if they claimed to be exclusive with you but slept with other people & you didnt know then youd be used
(Original post by Anonymous)
This sounds stupid but what’s the difference between a relationship and friends with benefits, struggling because we aren’t official but we aren’t nothing and idk if I’m reading into it or being used
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
A relationship is where you both like each other a lot in terms of personality and worldview and everything, and you usually have sex and go do things together and generally support each other. A FWB thing is where you basically just have sex, as a minimum. Some FWBs are also genuinely friends and support each other to that degree, but some aren't.

It doesn't sound like you and your partner have really defined what you are yet, sufficiently. Talk to them about it!
BeeAmber11
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It’s a tricky one because we talk almost all day, he calls me, but he lives far so the first time we met we went out but the other times he just comes to my house and we end up ****ing and watch movies as it’s hard to fit each other in. We’ve both said we get freaked out by labels but I acc want something with him idk. Thanks though will try and bring it up.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show

Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
Lol haven’t agreed to any terms and idk if he is doing stuff with others
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
A relationship is where you both like each other a lot in terms of personality and worldview and everything, and you usually have sex and go do things together and generally support each other. A FWB thing is where you basically just have sex, as a minimum. Some FWBs are also genuinely friends and support each other to that degree, but some aren't.

It doesn't sound like you and your partner have really defined what you are yet, sufficiently. Talk to them about it!
(Original post by tyurgud5)
are you silly? If youve both agreed to the terms of "fwb" then you arent being used because you agreed to it so you are mutually agreeing to have the "benefits", now if they claimed to be exclusive with you but slept with other people & you didnt know then youd be used
tyurgud5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
if you havent agreed to be exclusive or fwb then isnt that just the early stages of a relationship? its called "dating"
Lol haven’t agreed to any terms and idk if he is doing stuff with others
Last edited by tyurgud5; 3 months ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.5%
No I haven't decided yet (42)
21%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.5%

Watched Threads