MarthaMae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently in my lower 6th year, I'm taking the IB and I have to start deciding on my uni courses and places. I have no clue and it changes from one day to the next 😁 this was ok last year or the year before when I could comfortably say "I have no idea what I want to do but meh I have ages to figure it out, back to not caring..." But now I have to decide and I'm freaking out.

just wondering if anyone else is having these struggles/ had and overcame them/ has any advice?

Thanks
username1553267
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MarthaMae)
I'm currently in my lower 6th year, I'm taking the IB and I have to start deciding on my uni courses and places. I have no clue and it changes from one day to the next 😁 this was ok last year or the year before when I could comfortably say "I have no idea what I want to do but meh I have ages to figure it out, back to not caring..." But now I have to decide and I'm freaking out.

just wondering if anyone else is having these struggles/ had and overcame them/ has any advice?

Thanks
I had no idea until my last year of 6th form. I just wasnt happy with my courses so i thought what would make me happiest. Since its 3 years of my life and lots of money im not gna get back i guess ive recklessly chosen to do art. Even if i struggle in the future, ill just be happy with the present for now. But most courses rely on high grades and specific qualifications so if you do choose something like that youll have to take that into consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ftmshk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A lot of people feel like that!
Try and narrow it down a bit think about the subjects you would like to study (that could be based on your career plans, the subjects you really like, or what you are good at). Do some online research about the degrees that you can take in those subject areas - all the Unis have online prospectuses. Then go to as many open days as you can. That's partly to get a feel for the different universities, but also to ask as many questions as you can about your subject and the best degree to take. There are loads of helpful people on these boards so ask as many questions as you like - there are always people willing to tell you about their. Uni experiences. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads