Better laptop than this? Watch

Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptop...pdt.html#cat-0

Can anyone find a better laptop than that for the same price (or cheaper)?
Gaming_Hippy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptop...pdt.html#cat-0

Can anyone find a better laptop than that for the same price (or cheaper)?
any particular plans on usage? e.g gaming or just general stuff
Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Gaming_Hippy)
any particular plans on usage? e.g gaming or just general stuff
Streaming movies/TV shows, general internet browsing, capable of running a few tabs open on Chrome as well as a few word documents without significantly slowing down, I particularly like the 10 hr battery life.
Gaming_Hippy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)
Streaming movies/TV shows, general internet browsing, capable of running a few tabs open on Chrome as well as a few word documents without significantly slowing down, I particularly like the 10 hr battery life.
then literally any £300 laptop from the likes of pcworld would do
username1494226
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Check out the Surface Pro 3
JD8897
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
10 hour battery life will shrink very quickly unfortunately
jameswhughes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A Mac if you actually want decent battery life, not just some manufacturer's claim that will never materialize. Or if you just want a cheap conputer for browsing and videos, a Chromebook or a tablet would do the job better than a cheap Windows laptop.
Potally_Tissed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jameswhughes)
A Mac if you actually want decent battery life, not just some manufacturer's claim that will never materialize. Or if you just want a cheap conputer for browsing and videos, a Chromebook or a tablet would do the job better than a cheap Windows laptop.
Mac kind of falls down a bit on the "same price or cheaper" aspect when compared to a £550 laptop
jameswhughes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
Mac kind of falls down a bit on the "same price or cheaper" aspect when compared to a £550 laptop
You can get an 13" Air for £700 on Amazon or with a student discount, and while this is more expensive, the OP did mention 10 hour battery life - which that Lenovo or any Windows laptop in that price range isn't going to deliver, despite what the manufacturer claims.

The top Windows ultrabooks with good battery life are as expensive as Macs (if not even more), and still can't beat them in tests - here's a list of battery tests run on top laptops from Engadget.

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 4.14.19 PM.png
Views: 146
Size:  35.9 KB
Best of Luck
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dont get anything on PC world, anything you get there is massively overpriced. Same goes for PC world. But yeah as other people have said, for what you want it for, go for 4bg RAM, i3 or i5 processor, 500gb/1tb HDD, don't go for anything massively over that as you will be paying for stuff you don't need.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads