Stuck on insurance!! Watch

Mutmit287
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone,

basically I am in the looking to get a 2006 peugeot 107 with 54,000 miles, 1.0L.

I cannot get cheap insurance anywhere, everywhere is quoting me in excess of 1800 and I ideally need it to be around 1300 for it even to be classed as affordable.

anyone have any ideas, I have exhausted all the comparison website, and my policy isnt really working out for me...

do you think its the car??
Shorty94
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Natalierm2707)
Hi everyone,

basically I am in the looking to get a 2006 peugeot 107 with 54,000 miles, 1.0L.

I cannot get cheap insurance anywhere, everywhere is quoting me in excess of 1800 and I ideally need it to be around 1300 for it even to be classed as affordable.

anyone have any ideas, I have exhausted all the comparison website, and my policy isnt really working out for me...

do you think its the car??
It might be. Have a look at different cars. Peugeot 206 for example

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mutmit287
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shorty94)
It might be. Have a look at different cars. Peugeot 206 for example

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, I have tried other cars and I'm still getting the se quotes... I've hit a dead end

Posted from TSR Mobile
shaymarriott
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Natalierm2707)
Thanks, I have tried other cars and I'm still getting the se quotes... I've hit a dead end

Posted from TSR Mobile
High insurance quotes are often indicative that you live in a higher risk postcode. This coupled with your age and inexperience mean that it's expensive for you to get on the road. It may well be that there are simply no companies or ways to get you on your own policy for any cheaper than you're currently finding.

Having said that, don't simply go online - always ring the companies themselves as this can help to bring down your quote.
Mutmit287
Rep:
?
(Original post by shaymarriott)
High insurance quotes are often indicative that you live in a higher risk postcode. This coupled with your age and inexperience mean that it's expensive for you to get on the road. It may well be that there are simply no companies or ways to get you on your own policy for any cheaper than you're currently finding.

Having said that, don't simply go online - always ring the companies themselves as this can help to bring down your quote.
Thanks, that's what we're going to do, I'm leaving it till I pass my test and then we're going to ring around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads