Do you have a strong sense of who you are? Watch

channies
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Do you feel you act consistently? Or does your personality flip and flop like the wings of a pigeon and you act differently suiting your mood, situation and who you're with?
Stefano93
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pretty much everyone on TSR has a split personality
Silver Arrow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I genuinely ain't got a ****ing clue.
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hope so..I think so..
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a strong sense of all the flip flops being me.
Maid Marian
Report 4 years ago
Sometimes I've very giggly and chatty, other times I'm glum and moody as can be, etc.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by channies)
Do you feel you act consistently? Or does your personality flip and flop like the wings of a pigeon and you act differently suiting your mood, situation and who you're with?
Doesn't everyone act differently (i.e. adapt) depending on their inner emotional state and their environment on a regular basis, whether they have a strong sense of self or not?
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't have much sense. I'm stumbling through life making one blunder after the next.

Posted from TSR Mobile
channies
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by 9910224)
Doesn't everyone act differently (i.e. adapt) depending on their inner emotional state and their environment on a regular basis, whether they have a strong sense of self or not?
I guess so, but if you're so easily affected by your environment that you flip between your different states so quickly then I don't know how you're supposed to identify the 'real' you and know who you are. You might act differently depending on mood but when you find it hard to predict how you'll react to a situation and change so flippantly that's when I think you don't have a strong sense of who you are. But I'm probably not using the right terms, sorry, but that's what I was trying o say before
Belvitaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm very moody. And recently I've found myself to be a different person to who I thought I was

Posted from TSR Mobile
Schrödingers Cat
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Belvitaaa)
I'm very moody. And recently I've found myself to be a different person to who I thought I was

Posted from TSR Mobile
:hugs:
miser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I didn't always but I think I do have a strong sense now. I've thought a lot about the kind of person I want to be and slowly I have started to live that way.
Ebony19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sometimes I'm irritatingly consistent and hold onto my values staunchly (but thankfully they're nice things like defending the weak etc) sometimes I get a little too firm and have been known to rub people up the wrong way. But what can I say I've learnt from the best (my mental family :dry:).
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, between 16 and 18 I had a good idea of who I wanted to be and moulded my personality to shape that. Now that I've got it I don't know how to be anyone else. The only time I really change is when I'm dealing with my extreme roller coaster-like moodswings.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by channies)
I guess so, but if you're so easily affected by your environment that you flip between your different states so quickly then I don't know how you're supposed to identify the 'real' you and know who you are. You might act differently depending on mood but when you find it hard to predict how you'll react to a situation and change so flippantly that's when I think you don't have a strong sense of who you are. But I'm probably not using the right terms, sorry, but that's what I was trying o say before
Oh, okay, that makes sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding...
Yeah dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dem 2009-2012 feels lol, I know who I am a lot better now, but we all gave different moods

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.71%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.74%
I don't think they'd understand (27)
18.12%
It might lead to more bullying (55)
36.91%
There's nothing they could do (41)
27.52%

Watched Threads