What do you have to look forward to ?
Motivated to succeed in exams, get into my first choice uni, get a good job
aoxa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Money.

I get up, go to college, to learn, so I do well in exams, to get into uni, to get a good degree, to get a good degree, to make money. That is essentially the point of my getting up every day.
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do it because I have to. Just gotta fight through it, take it a day at a time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by ali_blue)
Motivated to succeed in exams, get into my first choice uni, get a good job
What motivation would you have if get medicore grades, go to a medicore uni and get a medicore job ?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by aoxa)
Money.

I get up, go to college, to learn, so I do well in exams, to get into uni, to get a good degree, to get a good degree, to make money. That is essentially the point of my getting up every day.
What are you gonna do with Money ? Money doesnt buy happiness
CherryWine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I book things in advance e.g. gigs, going away, festivals, etc so that I always have something to look forward to. No matter how **** life is I can always think "23 more days until.." and then get on with the daily mundane stuff. I have to do this otherwise I ask myself the same question you just asked when I wake up every morning and answer "there is no point, I'm a slave to money and then I'll die". Nowadays I smile
Andrew657Thomas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Get money, be happy, get a house, have kids, enjoy my job, get married, travel the world. Oh and have a car and motorbike
Can of Beans
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To have a life.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CherryWine)
I book things in advance e.g. gigs, going away, festivals, etc so that I always have something to look forward to. No matter how **** life is I can always think "23 more days until.." and then get on with the daily mundane stuff. I have to do this otherwise I ask myself the same question you just asked when I wake up every morning and answer "there is no point, I'm a slave to money and then I'll die". Nowadays I smile

Sounds like a good idea

(Original post by Andrew657Thomas)
Get money, be happy, get a house, have kids, enjoy my job, get married, travel the world. Oh and have a car and motorbike
I guess my question is more aimed at people who have graduated from uni. When I was at School my main motivation was passing exams, thinking good exam results was a key to a successful and happy life. Comes a time when you just give up trying to do the things youve listed
Anonymous #1
After Rent,Bills and Food - I have about £250 a month leftover. Even if I had £500 at the end of the month, I dont think I would be any happier because their isnt anything in particular i want to buy
ali_blue
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What motivation would you have if get medicore grades, go to a medicore uni and get a medicore job ?
Id be motivated to try harder, get better grades and get into a better uni
aoxa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What are you gonna do with Money ? Money doesnt buy happiness
They say it doesn't buy happiness

Spoiler:
Show
On a serious note, I see money as something to make the material standard of living higher. If I get a good job, that I hopefully enjoy, and I get paid good money, then I'll be able to afford things that myself and my family can't currently. This means I'll be able to treat my family to the little things in life without worrying that I'll have to cut back on spending to afford that. This will make me happy, as my family is happy.
keladry
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To help save lives
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ali_blue)
Id be motivated to try harder, get better grades and get into a better uni
What if youve already graduated
(Original post by aoxa)
They say it doesn't buy happiness

Spoiler:
Show
On a serious note, I see money as something to make the material standard of living higher. If I get a good job, that I hopefully enjoy, and I get paid good money, then I'll be able to afford things that myself and my family can't currently. This means I'll be able to treat my family to the little things in life without worrying that I'll have to cut back on spending to afford that. This will make me happy, as my family is happy.
true making other people happy is one way of being happy, I dont live with my family but I plan on moving back home soon as living alone is just depressing. Even then I miss being at uni seeing my friends everyday everyone complaining about exams idk just feel kind of lost
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What is the point of life ? all seems kinda pointless
What do you have to look forward to ?
The next fap.
Alaric III
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
School, don't fancy feeling like a failure for the rest of my life because I couldn't be bothered right now
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sucks that your life had reached that stage. So much to do there isn't enough hours in a day.

Annoyingly exams and assignment deadlines is why I get up.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
Because there are a lot of good enjoyable things in my life. Sadly also quite a bit of stress and bad things in the world around..
Blind Ferret
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm alive, I'm somewhat well, and anything can happen. I can be as unusual as I like and it's just another day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads