Enthalpy analysis questions Watch
The experiment is heating a set volume of water with a set mass of ethanol and gives a temperature change of 25K. The water is heated for 4 minutes and the maximum temp is recorded
1) If the starting temperature is changed to 80 decrees Celsius what is the effect on the enthalpy change?
- would the enthalpy change become less exothermic because either the temp has a maximum of 100oC or because some of the water evaporates?
2) What would happen to the enthalpy if the water is heated for longer than 4 minutes?
- become more exothermic as the temperature could reach a higher volume? or less exothermic as more ethanol is burnt with no temperature change?
3) what would the effect be if a smaller volume of water was used?
- no change as the equation would be adjusted to compensate for this
Thanks for any help