Worth doing Btec engineering after A-Levels? Watch

Katie.t.424
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I want to do engineering as a career, but not sure which way to go about it. I'm still not sure between mechanical or aerospace yet.

I'm currently doing A-Levels in Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Physics. I'm not sure whether university straight away is the best option for me as I get easily bored in the classroom. I've thought about doing a higher apprenticeship, where you get your foundation degree and then can go on to doing the full degree whilst you're working, but have just thought about doing an engineering btec with A-Level computing, once I've finished my A-Levels. I'm not really sure about what to do, and don't want to rush into going to university, when I'm not entirely sure which course would be right for me.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
rich1334
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you looked at apprenticeships? Airbus offer a great apprenticeship where you work with them and they sponsor your degree too! Take a look here: http://www.airbusgroup.com/int/en/pe...d-Kingdom.html You're pretty much guaranteed a job afterwards
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.08%
Not great so far... (220)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed