Have I been disadvantaged by not being breastfed? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was at the gp's today waiting outside to be called in and was reading the posters on the wall. One was mentioning all the benefits of breastfeeding including reduced cholesterol in adulthood and it basically made me feel as though I've been disadvantaged health wise because I wasn't breastfed at all. My mum said she didn't want to as it would make her feel like a cow or something. She's a nurse so knew the benefits she brought me up well in every other way but she's just not the maternal type of mother.

Im I very health conscious and always want to be in best health I can. It makes me annoyed that I would probably have lower cholesterol now and lower blood pressure, better immune system etc. I've had a nasal problem/rhinitis ongoing (have to take a spray and nasal drops daily) for the past 4 years and I can't help but wonder if this has something to do with never being breastfed. It's like an allergy but I tested negative for allergies.

Am I being irrational or have non breastfed babies been disadvantaged to you think?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was breastfed and have a list as long as my arm of medical complaints.

I wouldn't worry too much either way, you can't change the past - try to make the best of what you have with eating healthily/going to the gym.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I was breastfed and have a list as long as my arm of medical complaints.

I wouldn't worry too much either way, you can't change the past - try to make the best of what you have with eating healthily/going to the gym.
Do any of them involve immune problems, cholesterol, asthma or heart problems. It seems like these are the most quoted risks : /
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do any of them involve immune problems, cholesterol, asthma or heart problems. It seems like these are the most quoted risks : /
No, but I do have a lot of allergies which I've heard breast-feeding helps against.

ETA: It just occurred to me that you may have meant allergies by "immune problems".
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sabertooth)
No, but I do have a lot of allergies which I've heard breast-feeding helps against.

ETA: It just occurred to me that you may have meant allergies by "immune problems".
Tbh I cant remember if i did or not ha. Yea it seems most people have allergies these days anyway : /
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads