The Student Room Group

Norwegian needs help. CS in Manchester, Edinburgh ... or Cambridge?

I am a Norwegian about to get done with secondary school or whatever you call it in Britain. I have a desire to take my bachelor degree (and later my master) in Computer Science in UK, and I am therefore wondering which university exactly.

I have always been the brightest student in class, and I have sailed my way through school with top grades and a lot of spare time. I guess around 2-3 hours of my weekly spare time is dedicated to schoolwork. I have a suspicion that the schools in my area are loose with the grades and not very demanding compared to other schools, but I wouldn't know. Although I am able to concentrate very well and work intensively for long periods of time, I am afraid all this might have made me lazy, which could lead to a shock if I appear at a top-tier university like Cambridge or Imperial College London where the brightest on earth tend to stick together.

Based on these facts, which university would you recommend? I am mostly shifting between Edinburgh and Manchester, but I'm not sure. :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
I would say Edinburgh. Its school of Informatics is world famous (in AI and CS) and is one of the best in Europe. No idea about Manchester. Both are good cities I would say.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Yeah, I think I've pretty much settled for Edinburgh now. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending