Dumped boyfriend because of his drug problem and 'friend' has taken his side. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Long story short, good friend from uni that I've known for years set me up with her boyfriend's brother without telling me he has a major drug habit (weed, cocaine, MDMA) which seems to be getting worse. We dated for around 8 months and then I ended it last week because his habit seemed to be taking over his life and it had started to affect me. There were also a number of other reasons like we weren't sexually compatible, but I didn't tell him this because I was trying my best to be tactful.

Since I ended it, I haven't spoken to him as I thought it would be easiest to give him a clean break since he was quite upset when I told him it was over. Except, now my friend who set us up in the first place is also totally ignoring all my messages. I haven't done anything at all to her so I'm really hurt that she's taken his side against mine when she's known me for a lot longer and I feel like I've lost her as a friend because of this. I really want her back in my life because I miss her - anyone have any bright ideas of what to do?
CherryWine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If she's not talking to because you split up with someone (regardless of relations) then she is really not worth having as a friend. You haven't done anything wrong.
garfeeled
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you sure this is why she is not responding back. If it is you could go see her in person to clarify what happened. And if she still supports them then she is clearly not being a good friend.
1 taking drugs, that alone is reason enough to break up with somebody
2 they were getting worse all the more reason to break up
3 and it was directly effecting you.

I utterly fail to see her issue here.
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think you can only really do what you've been doing - try to get in contact with your friend again. I mean, if she really doesn't want to pick up your calls, you can't really do anything about that. But it does seem a little strange to me that you'd lose a friendship over something like this. What do you think? People are complicated...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads