Valeraine
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My subject choices are tomorrow. I haven't quite made up my mind yet so I'm just asking for a bit of guidance.

Btw I am in Scotland and we do National 4 and 5 and i would have put this in the Scottish Education form but for some reason it's not letting me.

The Subjects I currently do -

Art & Design
Biology
Drama
English
French
History
Hospitality (100% dropping it, it is godawful)
Modern Studies (Economics, Politics etc.)

Anyway i really hate Hospitality but its the only thing i remotely liked from that section. But I can't decide between Biology and Art & Design. I am leaning more towards keeping Biology but i'm scared that i will end up hating it because Sciences have never really been the area in which i excel in. That's why i only picked one. I like English, languages, Social Sciences, Humanities etc. I got my test results back the other day for Biology and i did quite badly. You need 50% to pass and I got 44%.I totally forgot about it until the night before and i only studied a little bit. Plus the test was quite tricky. My teacher said that he knows i have a lot of potential and he thinks that the only reason i didn't pass was because i have been absent quite a few times (I had food poisoning, the flu once and off for a few days with a concussion). Despite this he says that he still thinks i will be doing National 5. I am estimated Nat 5 in Art too but its far too time consuming for me lol. Regardless of which of these two i pick i will be dropping them for Higher next year. I am either Nat 5 or Estimated Nat 5 for everything except Maths. I'm Nat 4 for that. Again not really my thing. I really want to do something involving English and Drama for a career choice like a teacher-or a performer. I would be happy with either. Or possibly a guitar teacher or a history teacher. So this choice isn't really going to affect my career aspirations. Which should i choose? Thank you very much.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've just popped this in the SQA forum for you
Rainbownightlock
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Valeraine)
My subject choices are tomorrow. I haven't quite made up my mind yet so I'm just asking for a bit of guidance.

Btw I am in Scotland and we do National 4 and 5 and i would have put this in the Scottish Education form but for some reason it's not letting me.

The Subjects I currently do -

Art & Design
Biology
Drama
English
French
History
Hospitality (100% dropping it, it is godawful)
Modern Studies (Economics, Politics etc.)

Anyway i really hate Hospitality but its the only thing i remotely liked from that section. But I can't decide between Biology and Art & Design. I am leaning more towards keeping Biology but i'm scared that i will end up hating it because Sciences have never really been the area in which i excel in. That's why i only picked one. I like English, languages, Social Sciences, Humanities etc. I got my test results back the other day for Biology and i did quite badly. You need 50% to pass and I got 44%.I totally forgot about it until the night before and i only studied a little bit. Plus the test was quite tricky. My teacher said that he knows i have a lot of potential and he thinks that the only reason i didn't pass was because i have been absent quite a few times (I had food poisoning, the flu once and off for a few days with a concussion). Despite this he says that he still thinks i will be doing National 5. I am estimated Nat 5 in Art too but its far too time consuming for me lol. Regardless of which of these two i pick i will be dropping them for Higher next year. I am either Nat 5 or Estimated Nat 5 for everything except Maths. I'm Nat 4 for that. Again not really my thing. I really want to do something involving English and Drama for a career choice like a teacher-or a performer. I would be happy with either. Or possibly a guitar teacher or a history teacher. So this choice isn't really going to affect my career aspirations. Which should i choose? Thank you very much.
In my opinion, you would be best choosing Art over Biology. You obviously are not too keen on Biology and forcing yourself to take it would just frustrate and demoralise you.
I take it that you are adept at drawing/painting/manipulating materials? Even if you are not the best artist, you can still easily get an A at National 5, trust me.
As for your career aspirations, I must admit that doing Biology would make you look more well-rounded but it's not worth it if you know you won't do well in it.
Valeraine
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
I've just popped this in the SQA forum for you
Thank You haha wasn't sure what was happening
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (173)
27.2%
Not great so far... (227)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.34%

Watched Threads