What do you do to keep calm before driving? Watch

CautiousCat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
22/23 lessons in, I'm near my test and I still get nervous about having a driving lesson.. A few hours before I get butterflies and I stress out but then when I get into the car I'm fine and I love it.

I personally get nervous when I make mistakes and then I notice a constant pattern of small mistakes follow.. That's my downside

I now chew gum.. It calms me down a bit

Anyone else get nervous, if so, what do you do?!

Thanks
ahmed9021
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CautiousCat)
22/23 lessons in, I'm near my test and I still get nervous about having a driving lesson.. A few hours before I get butterflies and I stress out but then when I get into the car I'm fine and I love it.

I personally get nervous when I make mistakes and then I notice a constant pattern of small mistakes follow.. That's my downside

Thanks
Hi, trust me u need to be very relaxed for your test I was kinda I'm the same boat. Firstly remember your human and you will always make mistakes the best thing to to do is learn fro. Them and let them go. Make sure u have gum during the test to, I did this and helped me relax a lot. Also the more driving you do the confident and relaxed you are, so try getting extra driving with family or friends. And remember if u fail it's not the end of the world
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You shouldn't feel nervous mate your instructor should put you at ease and make you feel comfortable. Reassure yourself that you're ready for this, you already know what to do and it's just a matter of being relaxed and going into each lesson with a calm demeanour. Sorry, I don't have much useful advice to give apart from this. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1253532
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CautiousCat)

Thanks
I also used to get nervous during start of my lessons.

I didn't do anything about it but it just went away as I got with the lesson. Sometimes at the start of my lesson I was standing at red light and my foot on the clutch just starts shaking because I was nervous but later on in your lesson you just become more confident and at the end you think to yourself why you were even nervous in the first place?

I think it's normal thing to get nervous at the start of the lesson because of the unknown of what will happen... Later into the lesson you get warmed up and the nervousness just goes away. As for your test, you should also feel nervous at the start just like in your lessons. But later on, it will go away because you will be more focused on the road rather than your nerves...

There isn't really a 100% fix on how to not be nervous at all, you probably will be nervous at the start of your test, get good sleep, eat a good meal before test , by hydrated (drink some water) and feel confident in yourself and focus more on the road (look ahead and plan ahead) rather than your nerves.
AntW161
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why panic, it's not asif it's a once in a life time opportunity and the fate of man kind rests on your shoulders, ease down man. Hundreds of thousands use the road daily, I know idiots who have a license (use cheese to try unclog a toaster). You're thinking about it being this great thing too much. Acknowledge the roads, now start learning them.

If you can ride a bycycle you can drive a manual vehicle IMO, the roads are something you got to keep your eye on, when your shopping, watch traffic, in another car, watch the flow of traffic, let it sink in.
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Litre of Vodka and some puntang.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.35%
No (292)
75.65%

Watched Threads