captaindank
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I got predicted a B in maths, my strongest subject. I discussed it with my teacher and she said that because I got a B in as and my organisation was in her eyes, poor.
I came back to her and told her that I've put in for retakes and that last year was difficult because of my mental health and that I'd started counseling. She dismissed it yet again. (She also doesn't understand how I work because I have Aspergers)
Now I've been rejected by KCL because of my maths.
I'm poor participation area and low income. I couldn't get a reference about my mental health because I only admitted I was having problems about two months before applying.
What do?
AngelaMckenzie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
captaindank
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by AngelaMckenzie)
What are your GCSEs?
Why does it matter?
If unis judged me on my GCSEs I'd get nowhere
BBCCCCCCDDE
As levels at BBB
Predicted (unfairly) ABB
Should've been AAB
My physics teacher understood and predicted me an A
My maths teacher didn't.
boyyo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by captaindank)
I got predicted a B in maths, my strongest subject. I discussed it with my teacher and she said that because I got a B in as and my organisation was in her eyes, poor.
I came back to her and told her that I've put in for retakes and that last year was difficult because of my mental health and that I'd started counseling. She dismissed it yet again. (She also doesn't understand how I work because I have Aspergers)
Now I've been rejected by KCL because of my maths.
I'm poor participation area and low income. I couldn't get a reference about my mental health because I only admitted I was having problems about two months before applying.
What do?
Hi there, im sort of in a similar position(or will be soon) i got my AS grades and ended up with bcc in maths physcs and economics. Im looking to apply to kings, but my best case scenario for predictions is probably ABC/B. So kings will probs just reject me, but i know i can do better after resits and hard work.
I just wanted ask how did things work out for you, did you get better grades in the end and make it at kings?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
9.52%
They might tell the bully (4)
19.05%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
14.29%
It might lead to more bullying (7)
33.33%
There's nothing they could do (5)
23.81%

Watched Threads