is it me or is "The Worriors" one of the best games of all time Watch

BouhG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
This is one of my most favourite game ever I completed it like 6 times.
VannR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lightweight.

I spent 100+ hours on that game on my PSP back in the day. I must have completed every mission in that game over 20 times, plus a whole f-ton of time spent messing around on Coney Island. I actually broke my PSP thumb-stick from playing that mugging minigame too much.
BouhG
Rep:
?
(Original post by VannR)
Lightweight.

I spent 100+ hours on that game on my PSP back in the day. I must have completed every mission in that game over 20 times, plus a whole f-ton of time spent messing around on Coney Island. I actually broke my PSP thumb-stick from playing that mugging minigame too much.
LOOl at lastttttt someone gets me about this game. You sir are a legend. I dont understand why they didnt do a remake for next gen consoles.
username1467365
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BouhG)
Yes! I loved that game Great film too. Have you seen it?
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BouhG)
LOOl at lastttttt someone gets me about this game. You sir are a legend. I dont understand why they didnt do a remake for next gen consoles.
That would of been awesome...wish they did :/
BouhG
Rep:
?
(Original post by SassKing13)
Yes! I loved that game Great film too. Have you seen it?
Yh i seen the movie too. The baseball team chasing warriors seen is sooo scaryy. I remember i needed someone in the room so i can complete that level.
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BouhG)
Yh i seen the movie too. The baseball team chasing warriors seen is sooo scaryy. I remember i needed someone in the room so i can complete that level.
The Baseball Furies
lucy-96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah definitely my favourite game and probably the game I have spent the most time on. The movie is one of my favourite films aswell.
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BouhG)
I just downloaded it for my PS3 and really like the game. I did want to play it when it first came out, but other games got in the way. I see they gave new life to a dead genre, the side-scrolling beat 'em up, and modernised it in the perfect way. It could have turned out forgettable rubbish like most other games based on films if it fell in to the hands of uncreative devs who don't have love & respect for the film's story, characters or setting. And it does occasionally feel as though I'm briefly playing Jet Set Radio and Payday 2 whenever I'm painting a wall or robbing a store

Rockstar never released HD versions of their old GTAs, so its unlikely they will make one for this game. Looks like they'd rather focus on developing new games.
boomsmitty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a bit of a cult classic is The Warriors. Really went under the radar at the time. I had it on the Xbox and my brother (who has the shortest attention span ever) completed it 100%. Did everything. Unlocking the side scrolling beat 'em up was immense.

It's a really random movie adaptation for Rockstar to bang out.

The film is a classic and there were talks a few years ago about John Carpenter remaking it.
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by boomsmitty)
It's a bit of a cult classic is The Warriors. Really went under the radar at the time. I had it on the Xbox and my brother (who has the shortest attention span ever) completed it 100%. Did everything. Unlocking the side scrolling beat 'em up was immense.

It's a really random movie adaptation for Rockstar to bang out.

The film is a classic and there were talks a few years ago about John Carpenter remaking it.
I was watching Archer with my partner, and there's a scene in it which parodies the climactic "Warriors....come out to plaaaay" scene from the movie. I was absolutely aghast that she didn't know the reference. The Warriors is a film that everyone should see!
BouhG
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
I was watching Archer with my partner, and there's a scene in it which parodies the climactic "Warriors....come out to plaaaay" scene from the movie. I was absolutely aghast that she didn't know the reference. The Warriors is a film that everyone should see!
I totally agree, and that is one of my favourite scenes i always watch it on YouTube
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BouhG)
I totally agree, and that is one of my favourite scenes i always watch it on YouTube
Apparently the whole thing with the bottles and the creepy line was improvised as well!
Idorego
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is this the one that came out on PS2? I got a 2nd hand one recently and this game came as part of a bundle, but I've not really checked it out. Very tempted to now though. Is it based on a movie?
BouhG
Rep:
?
(Original post by Idorego)
Is this the one that came out on PS2? I got a 2nd hand one recently and this game came as part of a bundle, but I've not really checked it out. Very tempted to now though. Is it based on a movie?
Yes, it is based on a classic movie ; i deeply recommend you play ASAP was my favourite game.
Idorego
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BouhG)
Yes, it is based on a classic movie ; i deeply recommend you play ASAP was my favourite game.
Cool, I'll get on it
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've had it on my shelf for about a decade, I won't play it until I've seen the film, but it's never on TV.
BouhG
Rep:
?
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
I've had it on my shelf for about a decade, I won't play it until I've seen the film, but it's never on TV.
Watch it online then.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bouhg)
watch it online then.
derp wots online?
musicola
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BouhG)
yeh completed on ps2 and xbox dunno why lol...great game..Rock* does it again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (95)
24.55%
No (292)
75.45%

Watched Threads