Cardiff, Sheffield or Liverpool for Law??? Watch

lachachacha
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm hoping to put Bristol as my firm choice but I still haven't heard from them so idk if I'll get a place My LNAT was good but AS results and GCSEs aren't as good as most people's who will be applying so I'm really unsure.

If in the likely event I don't get a place, these are the universities I'm considering (I had an offer from another uni as well but am not considering it)

I literally cannot decide between them :|
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sheffield as it's better regarded for law and in the Russell group in general. Good links with firms too
mizzsnazzter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hmm I would have said Liverpool was better actually...
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mizzsnazzter)
Hmm I would have said Liverpool was better actually...
your kidding right? Have you seen the law firm exhibitors list for each? Don't ge
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
T me wrong Liverpool is a good uni but at the wrong end of the Russell group in comparison to Sheffield which just beats it on every category really. Sheffield has top law firm sponsors aswell. What are your reasons for saying Liverpool is better?
mizzsnazzter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by neal95)
T me wrong Liverpool is a good uni but at the wrong end of the Russell group in comparison to Sheffield which just beats it on every category really. Sheffield has top law firm sponsors aswell. What are your reasons for saying Liverpool is better?
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...rankings?s=Law

http://www.4icu.org/gb/

Posted from TSR Mobile
mizzsnazzter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://d1d1tdqerevjwu.cloudfront.net...university.pdf

Although this is also quite an interesting read, but potentially more biased as it depends on the size of the law departments at each
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mizzsnazzter)
http://d1d1tdqerevjwu.cloudfront.net...university.pdf

Although this is also quite an interesting read, but potentially more biased as it depends on the size of the law departments at each
hi you shouldnt look at those rankings they are ****** and based on many factors which dont affect undergraduate teaching and such. in the eyes of legal employers though, reputation unfortunately still counts for a lot despite what they say. agree with the second link you showed me though as i have seen that before and it is definitely dependent on the size of the law schools and how targeted they are by firms
zero_gravity
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lachachacha)
I'm hoping to put Bristol as my firm choice but I still haven't heard from them so idk if I'll get a place My LNAT was good but AS results and GCSEs aren't as good as most people's who will be applying so I'm really unsure.

If in the likely event I don't get a place, these are the universities I'm considering (I had an offer from another uni as well but am not considering it)

I literally cannot decide between them :|
I would probably go for Sheffield as your first choice, followed by Cardiff and Liverpool. In the case that Bristol does give you an offer of acceptance, then I would definitely suggest putting that as your firm choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.27%
It might lead to more bullying (133)
38.33%
There's nothing they could do (104)
29.97%

Watched Threads