Which Uni should I go for masters? (Intl. Relations/Studies) Watch

yJang
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys

I got admitted both in Durham and Leiden University for Intl. Studies and I'm waiting for the decisions from St. Andrews and Sciences Po. Paris (Dual degree program with LSE).

I'm a residence outside of EU nor UK and reason why I study Intl. Studies is to work for Intl. organisations. Of course it would be amazing if I can get the Sciences Po. , which was my dream program, but if I fail to have that opportunity, where should I go?

Leiden in the Netherlands? or Durham in the UK?
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd guess Leiden's probably the better choice as it's closer to the centre of the EU, both geographically and politically
Leiden University
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yJang)
Hi guys

I got admitted both in Durham and Leiden University for Intl. Studies and I'm waiting for the decisions from St. Andrews and Sciences Po. Paris (Dual degree program with LSE).

I'm a residence outside of EU nor UK and reason why I study Intl. Studies is to work for Intl. organisations. Of course it would be amazing if I can get the Sciences Po. , which was my dream program, but if I fail to have that opportunity, where should I go?

Leiden in the Netherlands? or Durham in the UK?
Congratulations on your acceptances!!!! That's great!

Keep in mind that that at Leiden you will have access to the network, organisations and professors of the region: The Hague is the International City of Peace and Justice and is filled to the brim with opportunities for those in this industry. No other Dutch university has the resources in this area that Leiden does.

I hope you have the chance to talk to some current students or alumni of the programme. If you'd like to do that, let me know!

Have a great day! Carolyn Barr - Leiden U
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads