biologist.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm planning on taking a gap year after I leave school this year and want to work for about six months, leave that job and go abroad. This might be a stupid question but do I look for a temporary or permanent job? I will have nothing else to do with my time and obviously want to save up a lot of money so I would prefer to work more hours which doesn't seem to be an option in the temporary jobs I've seen. Basically my question is can you apply for a permanent job when you know you're only going to be there for six months? I know this is probably a really stupid question but I don't really know much about jobs. Thanks
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by biologist.)
You can do, but any employer worth their salt will ask you - people on a gap year are pretty easy to detect in any serious recruitment process. They certainly won't appoint someone who is only going to be there for 6 months to a permanent role.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by biologist.)
I'm planning on taking a gap year after I leave school this year and want to work for about six months, leave that job and go abroad. This might be a stupid question but do I look for a temporary or permanent job? I will have nothing else to do with my time and obviously want to save up a lot of money so I would prefer to work more hours which doesn't seem to be an option in the temporary jobs I've seen. Basically my question is can you apply for a permanent job when you know you're only going to be there for six months? I know this is probably a really stupid question but I don't really know much about jobs. Thanks
Personally id look for both permanent or temporary jobs and see what you find.
You could just not tell them that you will only be there for 6 months. Some dont ask.
biologist.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.47%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.23%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise