thesmallerhand
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
I'm 18, and am really confused as to what exactly I should study, and at what university.

I am fortunate to have the following options: MMORSE at Warwick; Natural Sciences at Durham; Maths w/ Econ at UCL.

My main passion is Mathematics, in its most challenging , rigorous sense. I am unsure even with my choice of modules, if I will be allowed to pursue higher and advanced Maths, within the scope of MMORSE.
In a perhaps stupid way, I am hoping to minimise the ORS, in MORSE, and get a four year degree in Maths, some Stats, and some Econ. There are no 4 yr (Math+Econ)'s. Another consideration is that I can take up extra maths modules, through the CATS(?) system.

Through Natural Sciences, at Durham, I have a fantastic flexible degree, where I can explore new interests, in CompSci maybe, and manage a high amount of Maths, with some Econ to complement it. My only problem is that I'm from London, and would worry about being so far away from the only home that I've known. I have also heard that there is some classism, I'm black and from a rough area, with a strong, middle class culture. Would I fit in?

As I said, I am very unsure and confused, but will of course try to research, before I commit through UCAS. I appreciate any thoughts or advice you can give. Thanks TSR ))
Nat9393
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not much specific help here, but I'd say just do what you love, whatever that may be

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.88%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.46%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.19%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.68%
There's nothing they could do (104)
29.8%

Watched Threads