Applying fake eyelashes? Any tips? Watch

RXMXXKX
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
I brought some fake eyelashes and I've been struggling to get them on the edge of the eyelid and for the eyelashes to actually stay on.

Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ultimate_Geek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't bother with the glue that comes with the eyelashes. Buy some decent eyelash glue!!
RXMXXKX
Rep:
?
Thank you! How do you know when the glue is tacky enough to then apply to your eyelid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chlodog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heres how I do it and it always works:
1) get the eyelashes out and measure so they come from the normal start of the eyelash line to the corner of the eye
2) Cut of the section which is unwanted (if there is any) remember only a couple of lash groups at a time
3) Place a thin line of glue along the eyelash
4) Hold for 45 seconds then the glue will be tacky
5) Place the eyelash on the eye. Best way is to look down into a mirror and tilt them down
6) Close the eye and press them in place
7) Squeeze them together with the natural eyelashes for a natural look

Tips-
1) Buy expensive eyelashes as they always stick the best- they often can be used up to 10 times if you remove the glue after using tweezers
2) Curl your eyelashes at the bottom near the lash line, also in the middle of the eyelashes so that they for a C curve
RXMXXKX
Rep:
?
Thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
RXMXXKX
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chlodog)
Heres how I do it and it always works:
1) get the eyelashes out and measure so they come from the normal start of the eyelash line to the corner of the eye
2) Cut of the section which is unwanted (if there is any) remember only a couple of lash groups at a time
3) Place a thin line of glue along the eyelash
4) Hold for 45 seconds then the glue will be tacky
5) Place the eyelash on the eye. Best way is to look down into a mirror and tilt them down
6) Close the eye and press them in place
7) Squeeze them together with the natural eyelashes for a natural look

Tips-
1) Buy expensive eyelashes as they always stick the best- they often can be used up to 10 times if you remove the glue after using tweezers
2) Curl your eyelashes at the bottom near the lash line, also in the middle of the eyelashes so that they for a C curve

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chlodog
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hope you have managed to do It now
RXMXXKX
Rep:
?
Hope you have managed to do It now
I think I'm just bad at applying eyelashes!It's still not working I apply the eyelashes in the right place but as soon as I blink a few times the eyelashes move further up my eyelid!lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chlodog
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RXMXXKX)
I think I'm just bad at applying eyelashes!It's still not working I apply the eyelashes in the right place but as soon as I blink a few times the eyelashes move further up my eyelid!lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try holding them for a long time with you eye closed and pressing them down and hold them again for 40 seconds. What sort of eyelashes are they?
RXMXXKX
Rep:
?
Try holding them for a long time with you eye closed and pressing them down and hold them again for 40 seconds. What sort of eyelashes are they?
Okay I will definitely try that on the weekend they are by invogue I've never heard of them.Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433451931.926600.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  128.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
brokenbassline
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Be careful though sweetie. Poor quality glue or frequent use of lashes can cause your own to be ripped out. Id advise looking after your own lashes too. Some coconut oil for strength and length
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (120)
64.86%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.05%

Watched Threads