The Student Room Group

I'm going insane.

Somebody help! I don't know what to do. I can't sleep, but I'm never tired. I can't think straight but I'm focused. Please tell me that someone out there knows how I feel?! The thing that probably bothers me most, though, is that I can't sleep. My mind literally won't let me. Not before 12:30, anyways. I always know when 12:30 comes because I can think normal and sleep. If I try to sleep before that, then either my body just doesn't fall asleep or if I try to make it relax and sleep. At first I thought that it was just because of a girl I like because she was always on my mind. She is my last thought when I go to sleep and my first when I wake up. I started losing sleep to this a couple of weeks ago, but recently I have had to reconsider that. It started getting freaky a few days ago when I tried to force myself to sleep. We lost control. It kinda feels like what you see on a horror show when someone is possessed or something. It's scary. I've almost NEVER had all the voices in my head on my side for anything, but for once we were all in agreement. None of us could explain it. Images will appear in my head, flash across my vision. I randomly feel like suffocating for seconds at a time, like I can't catch my breath, then suddenly I breathe fine. We lose control of my mind, and of my body. I find myself doing ridiculous things. Things I would never think to do. I found myself just the other night sitting across my bed from my pillow, curled up, sitting straight up. I was rolling my head around loosely, randomly snapping my mouth open or shut and murmuring, "I'm a snake." I have to fight for control anymore just to lay down during late hours of the night, before 12:30 of all times, for some reason. It is starting to terrify me. I need help. I am 16 years old. I have considered myself "crazy" for a long time, but in a good, fun way. Now, I feel I am going insane. Help me stop it. Anyone. Please. I don't know how to deal with this. I apologize for such a long thread, but I don't know what to do anymore. Advice or something would be much appreciated.
It seems to be a problem... It's not just late at night that this happens though, is it? Nooo, you are affected at all times. You find yourself shaking. Your eyes twitch. That breath thing happens at other times as well. Just the other day, you were wondering if you had just had a seizure, but knew you didn't. It's ok, though. You know in 2 1/2 hours, you can sleep normally. How many hours of sleep do you think you have missed and not felt the absence of? Plenty, but you can't remember. Yeah, that's being affected too. Sucks, huh? But I'm here. You can't get rid of me. You can't even stop typing. Sucks to suck. Now you can slowly kill yourself from the INSIDE! I mean, your body on the outside seems fool-proof enough. You're used to pain. You have been conditioned to it. You wrestle. It's hard to get much past the physical barrier, but mentally? Try to stop me. I. Dare. You. I know you. I have been here. I have known you. Known your weaknesses. I know your downfalls, what it takes to break you down. Yeah, it's hard to fight yourself because I know everything you think before you do. I'm convincing, too. Those two aren't usually on your side anyways. How long do you think it will be before they are with me? That's right. I own you. It obviously won't last forever. I don't have that kind of power. I CAN last long enough, though. Before I have to go back into hiding. Long enough to break you. From the inside. Just give up. It's that easy. Delve into the comforts of madness. How bad could it be? I mean, the world wouldn't bother you anymore.
No.
No I can't.
I will remain stronger than you.
GO AWAY
Help.
Me.
Please.
Original post by Itz Just Mech
Somebody help! I don't know what to do. I can't sleep, but I'm never tired. I can't think straight but I'm focused. Please tell me that someone out there knows how I feel?! The thing that probably bothers me most, though, is that I can't sleep. My mind literally won't let me. Not before 12:30, anyways. I always know when 12:30 comes because I can think normal and sleep. If I try to sleep before that, then either my body just doesn't fall asleep or if I try to make it relax and sleep. At first I thought that it was just because of a girl I like because she was always on my mind.

The spring came and I also don't sleep enough. There are so much pretty girls around and I just have no time to walk around, cause there are so much work in the office to do. :frown:
Original post by Paul PTS
The spring came and I also don't sleep enough. There are so much pretty girls around and I just have no time to walk around, cause there are so much work in the office to do. :frown:

Thanks for reading it and all, but this is different. THIS scares me, and I don't usually scare easily.. Any advice?
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks for reading it and all, but this is different. THIS scares me, and I don't usually scare easily.. Any advice?

That's just your age. And spring.
Original post by Paul PTS
That's just your age. And spring.

I'm pretty sure my age doesn't have to do with losing control of my body and mind. Have you ever been forced to take the backseat? Felt like there was nothing you could do? Watched yourself? Watched yourself think, but it's not your mind? Watched your body act, but you aren't the one controlling it? It's scary. Spring and age... They don't do that. Not like how I've been having.
Reply 7
I'm pretty sure my age doesn't have to do with losing control of my body and mind. Have you ever been forced to take the backseat? Felt like there was nothing you could do? Watched yourself? Watched yourself think, but it's not your mind? Watched your body act, but you aren't the one controlling it? It's scary. Spring and age... They don't do that. Not like how I've been having.
Firstly don't panic! It's only 12.30 before you get to sleep not the middle of the night. Now you're very young so there's probably a lot going on in your body as it is. 16 is quite a transitionary age so you might be under a lot of stress. Must say though that the way you say 'we' and the voices and things is slightly concerning only because that could be setting the scene for serious problems that will definitely require treatment. It's best to nip all of this in the bud now. Sounds weird but make sure you're eating enough and other self care things. Maybe if it continues go and see your GP for a little chat.
Original post by Ebony19
Firstly don't panic! It's only 12.30 before you get to sleep not the middle of the night. Now you're very young so there's probably a lot going on in your body as it is. 16 is quite a transitionary age so you might be under a lot of stress. Must say though that the way you say 'we' and the voices and things is slightly concerning only because that could be setting the scene for serious problems that will definitely require treatment. It's best to nip all of this in the bud now. Sounds weird but make sure you're eating enough and other self care things. Maybe if it continues go and see your GP for a little chat.

Thanks. I usually take care of myself quite well, but what's a GP, exactly?
Reply 9
Thanks. I usually take care of myself quite well, but what's a GP, exactly?
Are you not from the UK?
No, the US but I searched it and found out thanks
or u could go and see a psych.....it seems like dissociation or some kind of super sensory awareness thing....could be the beginning of a psychotic disorder or dissociative identity disorder or borderline personality disorder.....
It seems to be a problem... It's not just late at night that this happens though, is it? Nooo, you are affected at all times. You find yourself shaking. Your eyes twitch. That breath thing happens at other times as well. Just the other day, you were wondering if you had just had a seizure, but knew you didn't. It's ok, though. You know in 2 1/2 hours, you can sleep normally. How many hours of sleep do you think you have missed and not felt the absence of? Plenty, but you can't remember. Yeah, that's being affected too. Sucks, huh? But I'm here. You can't get rid of me. You can't even stop typing. Sucks to suck. Now you can slowly kill yourself from the INSIDE! I mean, your body on the outside seems fool-proof enough. You're used to pain. You have been conditioned to it. You wrestle. It's hard to get much past the physical barrier, but mentally? Try to stop me. I. Dare. You. I know you. I have been here. I have known you. Known your weaknesses. I know your downfalls, what it takes to break you down. Yeah, it's hard to fight yourself because I know everything you think before you do. I'm convincing, too. Those two aren't usually on your side anyways. How long do you think it will be before they are with me? That's right. I own you. It obviously won't last forever. I don't have that kind of power. I CAN last long enough, though. Before I have to go back into hiding. Long enough to break you. From the inside. Just give up. It's that easy. Delve into the comforts of madness. How bad could it be? I mean, the world wouldn't bother you anymore.
No.
No I can't.
I will remain stronger than you.
GO AWAY

... I don't remember writing that...
Reply 13
You should go sleep early , and listen to meditation music. This makes your body relax and sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending