London

LSE Postgraduate Offer Holders 2015-16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by solshards
Hey same! :biggrin:
Here's the Facebook group! Join us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/918397028191625/

Thanks, I just did :smile: Did you pre-register at PKU yet? The registration form looks like an application form..?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by OliviaParis
Hey, unconditional offer for International Health Policy Msc with a place at Sidney Webb. Sidney doesn't seem to be such a popular hall, I wonder why?

Anyhow I have offers also from King's and Karolinska in Sweden. What do you think? Which is better in terms of prestige?

Olivia ,
Congrats on your offer.
While researching lse accomodation I read somewhere that Sidney is not a good place and the neighbourhood is not good which was posted by previous students. Really don't know whats the myth behind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haloucot
Thanks, I just did :smile: Did you pre-register at PKU yet? The registration form looks like an application form..?

Yup, I did the online application and have sent in all the needed documents already!
Reply 43
Original post by solshards
Yup, I did the online application and have sent in all the needed documents already!

Thanks for the info :smile: Did you write a new personal statement or did you use the same one as for your original application?
Reply 44
Hi, I am from China although I take my undergraduate study in Spain. Right now, I am admitted to the LSE Econometrics and Mathematical Economics.
Anyone can tell me what id the difficulty of this program? I heard that it is extremely difficult... which makes me pretty nervous... I just hope for survival...
Original post by juliahel
Are you studying at the WU Vienna?

Yes I was :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by anupama.alagar
Hi Lilnam !!

I will be doing the same course and I'm from india as well.

If you are looking for 50 weeks then Butlers Wharf or Lilian Knowles or Sidney webb is the best option but they are 30 mins away from uni by walk.

I heard Sidney is not a good neighbourhood.

I have an offer from Lilian Knowles for single ensuite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Anupama!
Thanks so much for this information!
Awesome we'll be classmates :beer:
Reply 47
No one at the department of media and communications?
Original post by haloucot
Thanks for the info :smile: Did you write a new personal statement or did you use the same one as for your original application?

I just used the same one. :smile:
Reply 49
Hey all! I'm doing the MSc Comparative Politics and I'm from the U.S. I've had no chance to look at anything since I found out I got in because I'm away on military training right now, but am I right in remembering that the student housing is a lot more expensive than what's generally available on Craigslist? Is anyone else considering living off campus, or is there a major befit to being on campus that I don't know about?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mcmac89
Hey all! I'm doing the MSc Comparative Politics and I'm from the U.S. I've had no chance to look at anything since I found out I got in because I'm away on military training right now, but am I right in remembering that the student housing is a lot more expensive than what's generally available on Craigslist? Is anyone else considering living off campus, or is there a major befit to being on campus that I don't know about?

Well there is not really accommodation that is "on campus" as such, however most of the halls are reasonably close.

I don't think it's possible to get a flat anywhere close to LSE that is cheaper than the cheapest hall options.
However if you don't mind the commute, sharing an appartment that is a bit further out may run you cheaper.
Reply 51
Hi! I'm from Ecuador and have an unconditional for the MSc in Environmental economics and climate change. I haven't applied for accommodation yet, although I have my favourites! I should do it now right!?
Reply 52
Original post by Nori240
Yes, it is (via LSE Hallpad). However, once you got offered accommodation you have a specific deadline for accepting it - at Urbanest Westminster for instance it is just 5 days or so. You can withdraw you original accepting 14 days though. However, after this period your are fully liable unless LSE would not accept you (which apparently is not the case), or if you don't get a visa. Most importantly: if you reject the offer it is extremely unlikely to get another offer for accommodation. You can also apply independently for student accommodation...once more I refer to Urbanest Westminster, but this is more expensive (e.g 233 ppw to 279ppw).

Overall, it is a tricky situation as you have to apply early to get a decent room. Then again, if you turn the offer down (because you don´t know if you want to attend LSE) you won´t get any support anymore. Hope I could help!

Thank you this was super helpful! I also did a little more reading and found out that I can still get my deposit back as long as I figure out before September 1st, and I should have a decision by May.
Reply 53
Hi all! I'm Matt and I go to school in New York (I'm American). I'll be doing the MSc in Conflict Studies. Looking for potential roommates in nearby neighborhoods (heard that Shoreditch, Holborn, Hoxton, Russel Square, and Liverpool Street are nice and closeby). Let me know if anyone out there is interested in searching for housing!
Reply 54
Hey Guys. I'm Clara from France and I'll be doing the 2-year Master in Management.

Original post by matt2015
Looking for potential roommates in nearby neighborhoods (heard that Shoreditch, Holborn, Hoxton, Russel Square, and Liverpool Street are nice and closeby). Let me know if anyone out there is interested in searching for housing!

I was told LSE accomodation were not that great, especially for postgraduate students. So I'm actually thinking about joining / founding a flatshare - around Liverpool Street / Aldage sounds really good since it's on a direct road to LSE and yet near to Shoreditch etc. So I would be really interest :smile:
Reply 55
I got an offer from Msc finance and economics. Anyone in the same program?
Reply 56
Original post by matt2015
Hi all! I'm Matt and I go to school in New York (I'm American). I'll be doing the MSc in Conflict Studies. Looking for potential roommates in nearby neighborhoods (heard that Shoreditch, Holborn, Hoxton, Russel Square, and Liverpool Street are nice and closeby). Let me know if anyone out there is interested in searching for housing!

Hey Matt, I'm also from the U.S. and would prefer to do a roommate situation, but was leaning towards student housing since it's already furnished. I don't want to ship things from the U.S. Are you planning on bringing a lot of stuff? Just curious!
Reply 57
Hello! I'm Emily from the US as well! I hold an offer for a MSc in Anthro and Development. I really don't want to live in student housing and was hoping to find postgrad students feeling the same way! Has anyone signed up for LSE's Studentpad site? I did, but needed verification and haven't heard back...
Reply 58
I finally got my physical offer letter and LO AND BEHOLD, they sent me the WRONG offer certificate. I'm from the US, so I'm getting my European boyfriend to make an angry call. I'm Chinese-American and they mixed me up with a Chinese admit with the same last name. So unprofessional and disappointed.
Reply 59
Hi, from Finland and I have an offers for MSc in economic history and for sigle ensuite in lilian knowles. I have never lived in a student apartment, so that's going to be something new for me as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending