I was attacked by a student on the bus Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
When I swiped my oyster card and got on the bus, a few people were already standing in the front. I was having trouble to find balance as the bus started moving, but I couldn't find a handrail or something to hold onto. So, I was a bit irritated and looked far at the back of the bus. I could see that people could easily move down the bus, so I waited for the bus to halt at the next stop, so I could request people to move down.

But no one moved and I thought it would be inappropriate to shout at people. So, when the bus halted at the next stop, I moved clearly saying "Excuse me, sorry.." continuously and then suddenly a guy (he was big and a bit fat and wore a uniform so I assumed to goes to a public school) pushed me when I slightly rubbed against him.

I moved forward and without thinking said "What the hell man, why are you pushing me?" He stated abusing me, so I quietly sat at the end of the bus. Then suddenly, he appeared to my side, caught my collar and started abusing me very badly. I was very scared and everybody were just staring. He then got off the bus at the next stop while pushing me away.

I'm sorry for the long post and would like to be anonymous because I'm ashamed, sad and utterly depressed by this incident. I refuse to take that bus again. I'm a man and a first year university student and couldn't even protect myself. How can I defend myself in the future?
ZakiZJ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When I swiped my oyster card and got on the bus, a few people were already standing in the front. I was having trouble to find balance as the bus started moving, but I couldn't find a handrail or something to hold onto. So, I was a bit irritated and looked far at the back of the bus. I could see that people could easily move down the bus, so I waited for the bus to halt at the next stop, so I could request people to move down.

But no one moved and I thought it would be inappropriate to shout at people. So, when the bus halted at the next stop, I moved clearly saying "Excuse me, sorry.." continuously and then suddenly a guy (he was big and a bit fat and wore a uniform so I assumed to goes to a public school) pushed me when I slightly rubbed against him.

I moved forward and without thinking said "What the hell man, why are you pushing me?" He stated abusing me, so I quietly sat at the end of the bus. Then suddenly, he appeared to my side, caught my collar and started abusing me very badly. I was very scared and everybody were just staring. He then got off the bus at the next stop while pushing me away.

I'm sorry for the long post and would like to be anonymous because I'm ashamed, sad and utterly depressed by this incident. I refuse to take that bus again. I'm a man and a first year university student and couldn't even protect myself. How can I defend myself in the future?
PM me bruh
Odd socks
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
moved to Advice on Everyday issues

Socky
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
x
Go to the police so that others don't have to suffer this thug.
German123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Appologise and then say there is no space.
Prince_fancybum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Throw glass powder in his eyes
German123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CollarLaw)
Thanks bro.

I'm considering going to the police but I don't have any proof/evidence which could support my claim that he almost attacked me. I hope CCTV cameras would've recorded this incident? Thanks for your reply.

How do you mean?
Next time something like this happens you should stay calm and tell that person you did not mean any harm.

Unless the situation gets worse then you take it further.
nuraf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol OP you got hotted up, if man tried that on me man wouldn't be coming out the bus with his legs lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads