Interview: Is Spotify good or bad? Watch

Samuelkn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi!

I´m having an english homework and my task is to interview some people about Spotify. I´ve tried to ask around but unfortunately I haven´t found anyone to interview yet, I also sent off some emails some weeks ago but I haven´t received any response yet.
Well, I was hoping someone could help me with these questions:

1. Spotify makes life easier for listeners since they have all their songs they want in one place, but how do you think the case is for the musicians?

2. Do you prefer the streaming music industry or was the old industry better when you bought physical copies of songs and albums?

3. Do you think Spotify will eventually disappear or will it always live on in the industry?

I´d appreciate it immensely, thanks in advance!
lettie97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there! Really happy to help out as an avid Spotify user (one who pays for Premium too!)

1. I think musicians should appreciate Spotify for what it does for them. Yes, it is a streaming service so people are not purchasing the music but Spotify is an excellent place for promotion. Probably the best place for musician's to promote their music at the moment.

2. I love both in all honesty. I used to love going to a shop and buying a brand new album or single. Even buying songs/albums on iTunes which is something I don't do these days. But I also love streaming as I get the chance to have everything I love in one place and I can easily discover new music and artists. Don't get me wrong though, I still love buying my favourite band or artist's new albums when they release from shops. But I only do this with my favourites.

3. I think it will always live on. It's going to get bigger and better and I'm sure we'll see a lot more streaming services around too.
Samuelkn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by lettie97)
Hi there! Really happy to help out as an avid Spotify user (one who pays for Premium too!)

1. I think musicians should appreciate Spotify for what it does for them. Yes, it is a streaming service so people are not purchasing the music but Spotify is an excellent place for promotion. Probably the best place for musician's to promote their music at the moment.

2. I love both in all honesty. I used to love going to a shop and buying a brand new album or single. Even buying songs/albums on iTunes which is something I don't do these days. But I also love streaming as I get the chance to have everything I love in one place and I can easily discover new music and artists. Don't get me wrong though, I still love buying my favourite band or artist's new albums when they release from shops. But I only do this with my favourites.

3. I think it will always live on. It's going to get bigger and better and I'm sure we'll see a lot more streaming services around too.
This is great, perfect! Thank you so much Scarlett!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
14.29%
They might tell the bully (2)
14.29%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
21.43%
It might lead to more bullying (3)
21.43%
There's nothing they could do (4)
28.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise