amberzak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Don't know if this is the right place to put this. I just wondered if anyone has studied, is studying, or is planning on studying the open university degree in maths and physics or just maths.

I have a degree in English, but my true passion is maths. I'm torn between just doing maths, and doing maths and physics as I really enjoy reading about physics as well.

I'm currently studying an A level in maths and further maths.
Seb B
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BUMP
Diana_Dove
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amberzak)
Don't know if this is the right place to put this. I just wondered if anyone has studied, is studying, or is planning on studying the open university degree in maths and physics or just maths.

I have a degree in English, but my true passion is maths. I'm torn between just doing maths, and doing maths and physics as I really enjoy reading about physics as well.

I'm currently studying an A level in maths and further maths.
Hi there

I am halfway through a maths degree with open university.
Mathematics is a very interesting subject with so many applications, which are demonstrated in the course.
And so far,I can also say that the qualities of the resources presented are of amazing standard,both physical and online resources are concise and clear in forms of videos, audios ,books and additional software and website resources.
Studying A levels in maths and Further Maths would certainly help accelerate your understanding of the subject and reinforce the learned concepts in the first year of the degree.
If you have any specific questions about the Maths course then feel free to ask.
Also, studying a degree in maths and physics would be a great combination as learned mathematical concepts would then be reinforced in physics. And both degrees open many options to career fields.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads