What should I study at college??? BTEC or A-level??? Watch

ciara-rose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What should I do??

I'm studying AS level Media Studies, English Language and Psychology but I cannot stand college at all, the subjects are okay but overall I just hate it. When I chose my A levels, I wanted to work in journalism but now I really don't want to. I'm thinking of going to a different college to do a vocational course instead of A-level but that means staying at college for an extra year whilst all my other friends go to Uni.

At first I thought of doing Health and Social Care and going onto nursing or midwifery in the future but I keep going off that idea... The thought of becoming a graphic designer keeps entering my head but I'm not sure whether I should carry this out or not, whether it's an easy profession to go into, what businesses would hire you or what the pay is like. I got a B in Art and Design at GCSE and I'm not the best artist going but I'm definitely not awful so would I be able to go into it or not???
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What was your highest grade in GCSEs? And what subject or what subjects?
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you decide to go into graphic design, the BTEC in wither Art and Design or Graphic Design will be more beneficial than A levels and also some art degrees require you to submit a portfolio and you will have one from your BTEC whereas A level students usually have to do Art Foundation (which is a BTEC anyway)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads