Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I emailed UCL on an enquiry about the UCL Undergraduate Bursary (NSP) but the response I got wasn't too clear so I though I'd ask here. The bursary can be up to £3000 a year for students from very low income families and I know for sure that I will be getting the full amount. Does insuring UCL affect my chances of getting the bursary? Is the funding limited and if so will UCL favour UCL firmers over UCL insurers?
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
bump
dancinginlimbo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It won't risk your funding. Should you miss your offer for your firm and so get into your insurance, you'll just change your course on your Student Loans Company profile to the UCL course. UCL will then use your household data that you submitted to the Student Loans Company to work out what you'll receive, and it wouldn't be any less than what you'd receive if you'd firmed them originally instead of insuring.

It would be pretty unfair of them to pressure students into firming by making it harder for them to support themselves if they insured and then got in. I doubt any universities are allowed to do this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads