TSR's miser interviews Lib Dem MP Norman Lamb Watch

Queen Cersei
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
TSR's miser visited Lib Dem HQ to ask your questions to Norman Lamb MP, the Minister of State for Care and Support, and Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Deputy PM Nick Clegg.

Check out the full interview with Norman Lamb in the video below!

To watch the individual questions follow the links below:

Q1. Intro + What motivated the Lib Dems to prioritise mental health for their manifesto?
Q2. What can the Lib Dems do to ensure strong funding for mental health?
Q3. What can the Lib Dems do to combat the lack of people working in mental health?
Q4. What can be done to improve the quality of life for people on waiting lists?
Q5. How can the government tackle mental health stigma?
Q6. How could the Lib Dems improve mental health care for young people?
Q7. How could mental health care be improved at universities?
Q8. Why is access to DSA being cut down on for students?
Q9. Where do the Lib Dems stand on the Right to Die bill?
Q10. Why should young people vote Lib Dem?
Q11. How well represented is the youth voice in Parliament?
Q12. What is the way forward with tuition fees?
Q13. What would you like to say to the TSR community?
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good Christ is that what miser sounds like? I thought it almost obvious that mods would have booming voices of the Gods but the reality appears to be quite different

What happened to the other question links?
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm glad you kept Jack's interjection! I thought for sure it would be cut!

(Original post by Birkenhead)
Good Christ is that what miser sounds like? I thought it almost obvious that mods would have booming voices of the Gods but the reality appears to be quite different

What happened to the other question links?
HA, nope I'm as mildly spoken as they come.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You did a good job, miser. Very interesting interview, thanks!
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good interview, my impression of Norman has improved drastically- and I think he'd be a good caretaker leader post Clegg. I strongly agreed with him on pretty much everything, if only he was bit more charismatic/ younger- he reminds me in some ways of John Major (though not in what he's saying).
Captain Jack
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
An amazing interview Miser, well done. Norman Lamb really left a good impression on me following your questioning.
nuraf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
thought this said miscer.

leaving disappointed.
SausageMan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I felt it was a well conducted interview.

Although, I wish you included more of our questions. I suppose they had to refer to Mental Health but even so, he is one of the bookies favourites to become the party leader of the Libdems. So surely he should be more than capable to defend his parties record in government.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why are you speaking to him like he's a bit slow?
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miser)
I'm glad you kept Jack's interjection! I thought for sure it would be cut!

HA, nope I'm as mildly spoken as they come.
interview Dennis Skinner
Juichiro
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you going to interview the other parties as well, miser?
miser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SausageMan)

Although, I wish you included more of our questions. I suppose they had to refer to Mental Health but even so, he is one of the bookies favourites to become the party leader of the Libdems. So surely he should be more than capable to defend his parties record in government.
We only had a short while to conduct the interview so unfortunately didn't have time to ask more questions otherwise I would have.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Juichiro)
Are you going to interview the other parties as well, miser?
I'd like to - it's a matter of convincing them to find time in their schedule for it.
whorace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cole-slaw)
Lol I noticed that. Probably nervous.
Birchington
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Excellent interview Miser! This puts Ad HOC to shame.
Queen Cersei
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by SausageMan)
Hey,
We wish we could have included more questions as well! Unfortunately we were on a strict time limit and we were told the focus of the interview should be mental health- keep your eye out for other Q&As though so you can ask your questions!
miser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by whorace)
Lol I noticed that. Probably nervous.
Yeah, I was nervous! I thought "I won't fall into the trap of speaking too quickly!" but fell into the opposite! There's surprisingly much to think about while doing the interview so it was a learning experience.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miser)
Yeah, I was nervous! I thought "I won't fall into the trap of speaking too quickly!" but fell into the opposite! There's surprisingly much to think about while doing the interview so it was a learning experience.

hello miser, thanks for asking for my expert advice.

I thought you did a reasonable job. Perhaps try to be a bit more relaxed and work on seguing from one question to the next more smoothly, rather than just staring at your notes in silence and then suddenly spurting out a question.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hello miser, thanks for asking for my expert advice.

I thought you did a reasonable job. Perhaps try to be a bit more relaxed and work on seguing from one question to the next more smoothly, rather than just staring at your notes in silence and then suddenly spurting out a question.
The silence between questions was intentional as this was requested in order to maintain the integrity of the audio recording, though I agree it would've been more interesting to make it more interactive.
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Queen Cersei)
TSR's miser visited Lib Dem HQ to ask your questions to Norman Lamb MP, the Minister of State for Care and Support, and Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Deputy PM Nick Clegg.

Check out the full interview with Norman Lamb in the video below!

It should also be pointed out that Norman Lamb hasn't been Clegg's PPS since early 2012.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.47%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.23%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.29%

Watched Threads