Name 3 Players that should be out of the England squad . Watch

Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Name 3 Players that should be out of the England squad .
Nat9393
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Smalling, Mason, Townsend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Nat9393)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who should they be replaced by?
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Smalling's had a really good run recently. I'd probably partner Cahill with him actually.

For me: Townsend, Green, Mason.
Nat9393
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 061194)
Who should they be replaced by?
That's what worries me, I'm not 100% convinced we have anyone better! But in what other country would you see players of this relative calibre/quality make the full international squad?

If I had to pick replacements, I'd say Lennon for Townsend, Colback for Mason (more likely to develop into a long(er) term international than Mason), and quite frankly anyone ahead of Smalling

Posted from TSR Mobile
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Townsend, Mason, Green
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you seen Smalling play lately? He's probably the best CB in the squad on current form.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Smalling's had a really good run recently. I'd probably partner Cahill with him actually.

For me: Townsend, Green, Mason.
Also, if we were pushing for replacements, I'd replace them with Young, Heaton and Noble.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
OFF:
Danny Rose
Kyle Walker
Phil Jones

ON:
Ryan Bertrand
Ashley Young
Charlie Austin
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Get Phil Jones out based on tonight's performance.
blue n white army
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
didn't really see him do much wrong, a few silly fouls but can't really say he did anything worthy of being dropped.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by blue n white army)
didn't really see him do much wrong, a few silly fouls but can't really say he did anything worthy of being dropped.
Really?

It seems harsh to judge himas an international centre-half when he is still attempting to nail down that position at United, but he appeared nervous throughout to me from the stands.

His blatant push and mistimed couple of fouls mean that Smalling should get the nod against Italy I'd imagine.
Wall Street
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/581555789430714369. Says it all really.

In terms of which three players I would get rid of, however, I would have to say Butland, Walcott and Walker for varying reasons.

Butland because he really hasn't proven himself enough to be in the national team, even if he has been decent when he has played (which isn't often enough) and while he has potential, when the likes of Forster, Foster and Ruddy are fit (I'm not sure if Ruddy was injured or overlooked), they should be in the team ahead of him. For the time being, I think Tom Heaton has to replace him: Heaton is the clear first-choice for Burnley, who have exceeded expectations this season!

I would remove Walcott from the squad due to his recent injury as it not only means he is not fully-fit but also that he hasn't had much game time to prove he's still the player he was. In his place, someone like Stewart Downing should be in the squad.

Walker also hasn't really been exceptional this season and with three other players in the squad being able to fill in at right back, and with Clyne rightly ahead of him in the pecking order, I think he's surplus to requirements. Ideally, I would keep him as backup, but there's not really any other player who I would get rid of ahead of him if I'm totally honest. To replace him? John Stones or Calum Chambers.
blue n white army
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really?

It seems harsh to judge himas an international centre-half when he is still attempting to nail down that position at United, but he appeared nervous throughout to me from the stands.

His blatant push and mistimed couple of fouls mean that Smalling should get the nod against Italy I'd imagine.
I was pleased with the way that he tried to drive the team forward a few occasions.

I think the thing that works against phil jones is that he is a very player so, as you pointed out, he can't nail down the centre back position. I think him and smalling together are the future of england if they get the game time together.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The hate for Smalling is quite annoying tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You probably never seen Smalling play this season and only heard about his red card from the city game.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
rooney - rooney and rooney
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
The hate for Smalling is quite annoying tbh.
He's been much better than Gary Cahill this season, doesn't get a shred of recognition though.
ChoccyPhilly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I may not like Rooney for man utd but I gotta say that he puts in a hell of a shift in for England and actually shows some passion
tengentoppa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You'd be a moron to get rid of Rooney.

I would say Jones, Mason and Townsend.

And if he were fit, Walcott. Offers nothing that we don't already have.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tengentoppa)
You'd be a moron to get rid of Rooney.
Euro 2004 - 4 goals, amazing.
WC 2006 - no goals, red card.
Euro 2008 - DNQ
WC 2010 - no goals, terrible
Euro 2012 - 1 goal, poor overal
WC 2014 - 1 goal, poor overall

For england, he has had 1 good tournement his entire career, and that was over a decade ago.

He is an absolute failure on the biggest stage for the international team.. and quite frankly I would love to see him removed, and his place given to someone else, because as much as I respect rooney for his domestic achievements, and what he does in the PL.... for england he is an absolute bottler, who will rack up the goals in qualifying and friendlys, but then fail on the big stage. Give his spot to someone new, and see what they can do, because I would put all the money I have on rooney failing to turn up again at euro 2016
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (59)
67.05%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed