emiloujess
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I know this has probably been posted millions of times but I was wondering if anyone can help me?

I'm having a lot of trouble remembering the content that we have learned in both units of AQA AS Sociology. In my other subjects I have no trouble and in both my Psychology and Film Studies mocks I got an A. However in Sociology I got a U which I really don't understand as I spent the most times revising it. Nothing I learn seems to 'go in' if that makes any sense.

Is anyone else feeling this too? Has anyone got any tips on how to overcome it? I seem to be suffering a mental block only in Sociology and I'm really starting to panic. I don't want to fail AS again

Thanks! xx
rachaelftw
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How do you normally revise for your other subjects?
Maybe the content of this subject is the problem and it doesn't help revising your normal way? You could try different types of revision?

-Listening to recordings of the content, maybe read it and record yourself, so you read it and it goes in, but you can listen to it on the way to college or something.

-Watch youtube clips of people going over or explaining the topics/content you're struggling with? Listen to their explanation of it and see if that's an easier way for you to remember it?

-Make your revision more interesting, so mind maps, colours etc. Things that stand out and that you will remember. A good way is to maybe try miniature flashcards with key points on. Then build up so you just read the title and you'll be able to remember the few key points you named on the card. Once you remember the key points you can then remember other content and elaborate on your point/analysis for your exam.

-Ask others to help you out. Get friends/family to quiz you, ask you questions, mark practica examples for you, until you get it right. You can then associate a certain person or situation with a key part of the syllabus so you'll remember it in future.

Hope these help, even if only a little! And good luck, I'm sure you'll nail it before exams!!
BLP98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emiloujess)
Hi I know this has probably been posted millions of times but I was wondering if anyone can help me?

I'm having a lot of trouble remembering the content that we have learned in both units of AQA AS Sociology. In my other subjects I have no trouble and in both my Psychology and Film Studies mocks I got an A. However in Sociology I got a U which I really don't understand as I spent the most times revising it. Nothing I learn seems to 'go in' if that makes any sense.

Is anyone else feeling this too? Has anyone got any tips on how to overcome it? I seem to be suffering a mental block only in Sociology and I'm really starting to panic. I don't want to fail AS again

Thanks! xx
Hi
Firstly don't panic, I know lots of people in my class who have this problem so your not alone. When I started I too had this problem but what I did was make flash cards for all theorists and either get somebody to test you or test yourself. My teacher told us that as long as you have the theorists names sorted u can pretty much base any exam question around this. I would suggest just going over the names again and again until U know them off by heart, then u can apply theese to questions, if u need more help please feel free to ask me via personal message or anything. Happy to help and good luck xxx
francieskimberly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hello, I can help you with any sociology assignment do not worry just contact me any time ....I'm francies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.18%
No I haven't decided yet (43)
21.39%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.43%

Watched Threads