adamstrawson
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello!

I'm curious to see if anyone on TSR has sat their Cisco CCENT or CCNA?

I'm planning on taking my ICND1 100-101 and 200-101 at some point in April, and then shortly after the CCNA 200-120.

I've been working in the industry and had exposure to networking for a few years now, so i'm comfortable with routing and switching, but just never made the effort to get the certificate.

I've been through the whole course material over the last few months to make sure I've got everything covered too.

Has anyone here gained their CCENT or CCNA certification, if so, do you have any revision tips for the exams, or anything in the exam that you didn't anticipate for that would be useful for me to know.

Also, any online (or offline) resources that you used that you found helpful? I've mostly been using CBT Nuggets.
Binary Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adamstrawson)
Hello!

I'm curious to see if anyone on TSR has sat their Cisco CCENT or CCNA?

I'm planning on taking my ICND1 100-101 and 200-101 at some point in April, and then shortly after the CCNA 200-120.

I've been working in the industry and had exposure to networking for a few years now, so i'm comfortable with routing and switching, but just never made the effort to get the certificate.

I've been through the whole course material over the last few months to make sure I've got everything covered too.

Has anyone here gained their CCENT or CCNA certification, if so, do you have any revision tips for the exams, or anything in the exam that you didn't anticipate for that would be useful for me to know.

Also, any online (or offline) resources that you used that you found helpful? I've mostly been using CBT Nuggets.
Got my CCENT booked in three weeks then the CCNA booked a month later.

If you've got membership with CBT check to see if you can access their Transcender side for the PT.. If not you might want to consider getting it or measureup. They're great.. Really strong for reviewing the material but measureup have a tonne load of ACL questions and their case study questions are a time waster.

Generally.. Just make sure you're good at subnetting.. 30-45 seconds I'd recommend and when you take the exam read the questions thoroughly.. Same with the answers.

Make sure you're good at troubleshooting.. Like if I were to ask you what're the most common reasons as to why neighbor adjacencies won't form.. You should know why and know the show commands related to them.
Like the hello/dead-timers - R1#sh ip ospf int s0/0/0
The clockrate/encapsulation - R1# sh controllers and R1#sh int s0/0/0

Also you mean the 200-101 for the CCNA? 200-120 is the composite which is CCENT/CCNA packed into a single exam.

Hope this helps

EDIT: If you have access to Packet Tracer then see if you can find some online PTA files for practice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads