What do I do??????????????????????????? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Im a guy in my mid twenties, rarely been out since my teens, I'm very introvert so I don't do social gatherings etc. Anyway I'm meeting this girl for the first time in a few days but im not sure what to wear
adamstrawson
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All depends on what you're doing. You wouldn't wear a suit to laser tag afterall, or vice versa.

Unless you're James Bond or similar, then a suit is acceptable for laser tag.

Where are you going/What activities are planned?
hydrogirl_13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what ever you feel comfortable in, jeans and tshirt with a hoodie?
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wear something stylish. Designer jeans in a dark colour, sharp shirt, killer shoes...you have a ton of options.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by adamstrawson)
All depends on what you're doing. You wouldn't wear a suit to laser tag afterall, or vice versa.

Unless you're James Bond or similar, then a suit is acceptable for laser tag.

Where are you going/What activities are planned?
The thing is we were planning to go on a dinner date but last minute she said she doesn't mind what we do even if its just casually relax. thanks for your help btw
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Juicy J)
Wear something stylish. Designer jeans in a dark colour, sharp shirt, killer shoes...you have a ton of options.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't want to overdress for the occasion. We might just be relaxing after all
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hydrogirl_13)
what ever you feel comfortable in, jeans and tshirt with a hoodie?
that sounds reasonable I guess. I don't want to appear as I'm not making an effort at the same time I want to make a good impression
hydrogirl_13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
don't worry too much, the whole smart casual thing is good, at the end of the day she will prob b worrying more about what shes going to wear
I would say for dinner tho dark colours r good in case you accidently spill?
do you have a nice pair of jeans and a casual shirt?
GradMed15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe smart casual? Or jeans & a nice jumper?
Juicy J
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't want to overdress for the occasion. We might just be relaxing after all
How is that overdressing!! I didn't tell you to wear a dinner suit with patent leather Oxfords!! Just jeans and a shirt basic but stylish. Not some cheap jeans though, you need something nice. How about some entry-level Levis. For the shirt, wear something like Ralph Lauren. Or you can wear a lactose t-shirt, timberland shirt or hillfiger top. You have plenty of options
hydrogirl_13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Juicy J)
How is that overdressing!! I didn't tell you to wear a dinner suit with patent leather Oxfords!! Just jeans and a shirt basic but stylish. Not some cheap jeans though, you need something nice. How about some entry-level Levis. For the shirt, wear something like Ralph Lauren. Or you can wear a lactose t-shirt, timberland shirt or hillfiger top. You have plenty of options
whats the difference between nice and cheap jeans/ clothes?! if the OP has no designer clothes then according to you hes doesn't have any options?!

my husband met me for our first date dressed like a slob, after talking to him for 5 mins I didn't car what he was wearing and you can look just as stylish in clothes from Tesco than designer stuff
Juicy J
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hydrogirl_13)
whats the difference between nice and cheap jeans/ clothes?! if the OP has no designer clothes then according to you hes doesn't have any options?!

my husband met me for our first date dressed like a slob, after talking to him for 5 mins I didn't car what he was wearing and you can look just as stylish in clothes from Tesco than designer stuff
Wait, I never said he doesn't have any options if he chooses not to invest in higher quality garments. Personally, I place huge importance on clothing and on appearance and I always aim to make a statement. That's just me, not everyone has to be the same way I think the thread starter would benefit from putting a little effort into his attire because it will reflect positively on him and make a good impression.

I feel very awkward when I go outside if I'm not dressed in my best clothes, especially when meeting girls. It's a personal thing, that's just me again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.65%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.39%
Not great so far... (212)
35.63%
I want to drop out! (115)
19.33%

Watched Threads