The Student Room Group

got told off at work, want to quit

Hi, so on my evening shift at work I was supposed to be showing one of my colleagues how to do the disposals (I work in a bakery) as she hadn't done them before. I was supposed to do it at 8pm but I lost track of time and got talking to someone then I went to the loo and sorted some of the deliveries out. I went back at 8:20 and she was being awful to me. She said 'where have you been! I can't believe you left me, you were supposed to be here at 8pm. i'm not happy at all' she really wasn't happy. I saod sorry and she kept saying how annoyed she was with me. she was mad because she didn't think we'd finish for 9pm but we did. we were done for 8:50. she was very off with me and left. I came home and cried all night. I know I was in the wrong but I showed her and got finished in time. just scared she is going to tell my boss that I wasn't there. I totally regret it. I can't stop thinking about it. I feel awful. what should I do? :'(
Jesus Christ, grow a spine. You messed up. You apologised. That's the end of it. If she wants to be bitchy, so what?

If she does tell the boss, what does it matter? They might give you a strong word and that's it. You're not going to get fired over something like this. It's a job at the end of the day. These people don't matter.
Welcome to the real world.

How old are you? You sound extremely sheltered and naive.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
what should I do?

Nothing, forget about it.
Reply 4
bit harsh..
don't quit just cos someone was a bit bitchy, you will meet people in life who don't like you and you don't like but best thing to do is brush it off and get on with it, it happens to all of us.
My boss tells me off and ive been a waitress there for three years, I still mess up but we get on really well but things don't go to plan sometimes.
Hi Anonymous,

I would say don't worry about it so much and just go with the flow. These things happen - you didn't mean to lose track of time like that, so don't beat yourself up about it. This colleague of yours sounds like someone who would be pretty tough to be working alongside, but don't let her get you down. If she wants to overreact like that, then she is probably quite an erratic person who acts in this way in response to minute stimuli generally - that's just who she is. If she tells your boss about it, well then maybe your boss' response would be a good indicator of whether or not you want to work in this bakery anymore anyway - would you want to stay if she took this so seriously so as to have a go at you for it, or fire you? Just remember: don't let others' actions and views of you define you. You seem like you're lacking in confidence - this video might help you (it has helped me a great deal since watching it for the first time a few months ago).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZm4B4foybM

And I'd like to suggest being a bit more wary of what you post on online forums, whichever ones they are - if your sensitivity in a situation like this left you crying in the way it did, then by telling the internet about it, you're opening yourself up to receiving responses much like the first you got; I would imagine the beginning and tone of it can't have helped a great deal.

So chin up, they're just people, and if finding a new job is the tough task you must take on to get into a much happier place, if that is an option for you, then so be it. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending