This discussion is closed.
lovekitty123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi Im currently in the process of applying to Palacky University and was wondering who else will be applying or have already been offered a place
Rishy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
May I ask what made you choose palacky
lovekitty123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rishy)
May I ask what made you choose palacky
Always wanted to study medicine and didn't get into medical schools here so planning on going abroad. Im applying to a few universities, palacky being one of them. Ive heard really good stuff about that university.
Rishy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lovekitty123)
Always wanted to study medicine and didn't get into medical schools here so planning on going abroad. Im applying to a few universities, palacky being one of them. Ive heard really good stuff about that university.
Im in the same situation really torn up between taking a year out or studying abroad, do you know how long the course is. Ive heard prague unis are 6 years.
lovekitty123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rishy)
Im in the same situation really torn up between taking a year out or studying abroad, do you know how long the course is. Ive heard prague unis are 6 years.
I think most if not all universities abroad are 6 years Because you do 1 year internship. Isn't too bad tbh. you can take the year out and try again or go straight abroad and either one you'll be done in 6 years.

I've searched alot of universities abroad, if you wanna know anything just ask
Rishy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think most if not all universities abroad are 6 years Because you do 1 year internship. Isn't too bad tbh. you can take the year out and try again or go straight abroad and either one you'll be done in 6 years.

I've searched alot of universities abroad, if you wanna know anything just ask
So you go straight to f2 after uve finished the course? Or you have to redo f1 if ur going back to england
lovekitty123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rishy)
So you go straight to f2 after uve finished the course? Or you have to redo f1 if ur going back to england
from what I understand, we can go straight to F2 after graduating but I believe that you can also apply to F1 if you want.
ruthlessv
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Trust me, Do not bother coming here
lovekitty123
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruthlessv)
Trust me, Do not bother coming here
Why?
ruthlessv
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why?
Olomouc - garbage
Student halls - garbage
Neo Nazis - too many
Professors level of English - zero
student rights - non existent
chances of failing the first year? - 70%
lovekitty123
Rep:
?
Olomouc - garbage
Student halls - garbage
Neo Nazis - too many
Professors level of English - zero
student rights - non existent
chances of failing the first year? - 70%
Are u currently studying there? When asking around, I heard quite good things about the university?
ruthlessv
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are u currently studying there? When asking around, I heard quite good things about the university?
ask 40 of the 70 students that got thrown out last year,

i am currently studying there yes.
lovekitty123
Rep:
?
ask 40 of the 70 students that got thrown out last year,

i am currently studying there yes.
What year are you in? And I've heard those that get thrown out are those who don't study etc?
ruthlessv
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What year are you in? And I've heard those that get thrown out are those who don't study etc?
2nd year, not really - i know somebody who failed his chemistry final by half a mark - the only subject he failed all year and he was gone, nobody can tell me he didn't work hard enough
lovekitty123
Rep:
?
2nd year, not really - i know somebody who failed his chemistry final by half a mark - the only subject he failed all year and he was gone, nobody can tell me he didn't work hard enough
Oh, I've heard each exam you get 3 trys?
ruthlessv
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh, I've heard each exam you get 3 trys?
yep, but there are over 1000 pages of powerpoint slides for exams - it is possible to pass - but unless you get past papers off an upper year, you will fail.
lovekitty123
Rep:
?
yep, but there are over 1000 pages of powerpoint slides for exams - it is possible to pass - but unless you get past papers off an upper year, you will fail.
Oh, thanks for letting me know btw. I'm currently choosing between palacky and plovdiv in bulgaria and heard bulgaria is reallyyyy disorganised. I really want to study medicine and my only option is to go abroad. And it's quite hard to get info on the universities
ruthlessv
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh, thanks for letting me know btw. I'm currently choosing between palacky and plovdiv in bulgaria and heard bulgaria is reallyyyy disorganised. I really want to study medicine and my only option is to go abroad. And it's quite hard to get info on the universities
Plovdiv, you are more likely to pass the course but Palacky has a better international reputation. Pm me if you have any questions
ruthlessv
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aren't I better off in palacky then? And just work hard? It is medicine after all? And thanks, I'll PM you with more questions
look people pass the first year at palacky, some don't - it is made to be a filter year, but dont think its about how hard you work - its about who you know and how lucky you get
lovekitty123
Rep:
?
look people pass the first year at palacky, some don't - it is made to be a filter year, but dont think its about how hard you work - its about who you know and how lucky you get
Do people get thrown out of other years too? Or is it mostly the first year?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads