Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

I'm looking for some advice. I'm studying an Access course at a Scottish college, as I want to do another Access course which requires previous study. So I started this course under the pretence that this course would get me in(which it will), however they are both classed as SCQF 6 (even though one is harder - may be different content?). Anyway, I've now been told it is unlikely I will receive a bursary next year as I am receiving one this year. So here is my question:
Will I need to pay tuition fees?
Also, I have a young child and my husband is self employed so is there anything I can claim? I cannot afford to go to college otherwise.
Alternatively, I have recently changed my name (as I got married last month). If I apply under my married name am I likely to get it as my previous bursary wont tie up? I really don't want to go down this route but if necessary, would it work?

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


University open days

  • The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
It's just nice to be back! (212)
Not great so far... (281)
I want to drop out! (151)

Watched Threads

View All