DPats
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I'm currently a first year engineering student at Uni of Bath. I want to move to either UCL or Imperial for next year (even though I've got to start again) and they've both agreed to look at my application even though it's so late. Anyway, my course currently covers both mechanical and electrical engineering which means I can show my passion for both in my PS. I want to apply for both courses (mech and elec) at both uni's, because the offers are slightly different and so one course could be the backup incase I don't get the offer for the other.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Would the Uni's see that I've applied to both elec and mech departments and think I don't really have an interest and not give an offer? They probably think that after a year at uni I should have made up my mind which one I prefer, but I haven't lol and honestly wouldn't mind either.

Cheers
hollybeth
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DPats)
So I'm currently a first year engineering student at Uni of Bath. I want to move to either UCL or Imperial for next year (even though I've got to start again) and they've both agreed to look at my application even though it's so late. Anyway, my course currently covers both mechanical and electrical engineering which means I can show my passion for both in my PS. I want to apply for both courses (mech and elec) at both uni's, because the offers are slightly different and so one course could be the backup incase I don't get the offer for the other.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Would the Uni's see that I've applied to both elec and mech departments and think I don't really have an interest and not give an offer? They probably think that after a year at uni I should have made up my mind which one I prefer, but I haven't lol and honestly wouldn't mind either.

Cheers
Not sure if this is true, but I have been told that unis can't see where else you have applied until they have accepted/rejected you. I assume this rule still applies for if you have applied to two courses at the same uni, ie UCL won't see you applied for both courses until they have accepted/rejected you.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hollybeth)
Not sure if this is true, but I have been told that unis can't see where else you have applied until they have accepted/rejected you. I assume this rule still applies for if you have applied to two courses at the same uni, ie UCL won't see you applied for both courses until they have accepted/rejected you.
Unis don't get to see your other choices until after you reply to your offers. However, if you apply to more than one course at the same uni that uni will know. See

http://university.which.co.uk/advice...ect-my-chances
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads